Chapter 10

Please motivate me by commenting and voting guyz... I love reading comments..

"Hi Lara! You look really pretty today!", Portia said.

"Thank you! You look elegant.", I said.

"Of course.", she said in a reply.

This girl is so damn confident about herself.

"And by the way, meet my brother Alex.", she introduced him thinking I don't know him.

"We know each other.", he said.

"Really how?", Portia asked.

Before he could say anything, I replied saying, "Sarah."

"Ohhhhhhhhhh yeah, I forgot. Sarah is his good friend and even yours.", she said exclaiming.

"I missed you a lot Lara.", Alex said in a deep voice.

I cannot say I missed him too because it would be a lie. I just smiled not knowing what to say further.

"Congratulations Lara, I am so happy for you. I can understand it might be like a roller coaster ride for you to get all those businesses but I have faith in you that you can manage and you are very lucky to be under Caroline's guidance. She is a very inspiring and a strong woman.", she said.

"Yeah but I feel its too soon for me to handle all this. I just need sometime. I will just talk to Caroline about it.", I said.

"Lara, when there is a heck of an opportunity, don't screw it up. That is all I would say. Rest is up to you.", she said and left leaving me alone with Alex.

I did not want to talk to him. So I turned to leave but I felt his arm on my shoulder.

"Lara why did you marry?", he asked with a lot of pain in his voice.

"I think that's none of your business Alex.", I said turning back to him.

"I went to Australia for few months and this is what I get to know after coming back and even Sarah betrayed me. She never told me that you were getting married and that too to Luiz Cardoso.", he said.

I asked Sarah not to tell him.

"Doesn't matter.", I replied curtly.

"Of course it matters, you damn! The man you married would never love you back because he loves someone else like hell. That is the reason why men over here are throwing themselves on you because they know that Luiz would never accept you and take your marriage even into a fucking consideration.", he said in a louder voice.

My heart shattered into a million pieces.

He loves someone else! He loves someone else like hell! Even if he didn't maybe he would never accept me. Then why am I feeling broken?

Seeing my condition Alex held my shoulders with his hands and brought me closer.

"Or is it about money?", he asked in a whisper.

I pushed him away because he was holding me too close in a social gathering and talking trash.

How can people be so judgmental? Judgmental people are sick!

"Back off before I slap you Alex. I need not reason you out for anything so just leave me alone.", I said.

"Oh really Lara? You have got businesses in your altar already. People spend their whole fucking lives to establish a business and here you are, who got everything for free. As if it is some sort of a trade or an exchange offer. Wow! Great isn't it?", he said sarcastically.

Exchange offer? I know I got all this because of marrying him. But I never planned on it. But who would believe me? I am sure everyone looks at me this way right now.

"I don't care to answer you.", I said looking straight into his eyes.

"You need not answer me anything Lara. I just want to tell you not to ruin your life by running after money and living an unsuccessful marriage. Instead, I am always there for you. I shall take care of you. A person like you....."

He said while running his hand from my elbow to my shoulder.

What the hell is he doing?

I pulled my hand away.

"I mean a person like you who is so sensitive, fragile and.... pretty should be in the right hands.", he said completing the trash he was talking.

"Get the hell out of here.", I said in a louder voice as I could not control my anger anymore and left.

"Lara, you had dinner?", Caroline asked after I walked towards the dinner hall.

"Yes.", I lied. I lost my appetite. I was in no mood to eat.

Rest of the evening I made sure I was with Caroline to be safe.

After all the guests left, I and Caroline were searching for Luiz.

We called him but he never took up the calls nor did he reply to the messages sent by her.

"Maybe he left.", I said.

"I don't know. We shall search for him here. If he isn't here we both shall leave.", Caroline was angry.

We started searching for him in different directions of the hall.

Finally, I found him at the bar counter, alone, drinking like there is no tomorrow.

I asked one of the bartenders to inform about Luiz to Caroline and went towards him.

"Luiz.", I said as calmly as possible.

He looked up and said, "Oh it's you? How did it go with Alex? I thought the guy is younger to you. But you still managed to have a story with him?", he asked.

Yes, that is true. Sarah, Annie and Alex were almost of same age and were batch mates. But Alex was mad to have me I don't know why.

"Let's leave.", I said to Luiz without answering to his stupid questions.

"How Lara? I mean how is it that you manage lure only rich men all the time?", he was asking with deep curiosity.

I was shocked. I lure rich men? It made me feel cheap.

"I don't do anything of that sort.", I said uncontrollably angry now.

"Hmm so it is men who follow you as if they don't have any other work in the world.", he said.

"Why? Why do you think so low of me? What did I do to you?", I asked failing to understand why he was doing this to me.

He just looked at me without blinking his eyes for may be few minutes.

Why is he not talking? I want an answer.

God! Those eyes! They are so beautiful but I know that they are mocking at me now.

"Oh my God! What is this Luiz? Have you completely lost it?", It was Caroline.

Hey my High Fliers!!

Please make me feel happy by clicking the star at the end of this chapter.

Make my day by COMMENTING, SHARING and FOLLOWING me on WATTPAD.

Love you all <3 XOXO