Chapter 54

I was drowned in thoughts when Caroline entered the room.

"Lara, there is so much work and you are sitting idle.", she said.

"Sorry. I didn't know what to do.", I said.

"Where is Joy?", she asked.

"Luiz sent him to give quarterly reports.", I said.

She sighed.

"Lara you have to work very hard for this. It is not a cake walk.", she said.

"Sure. I just need a direction.", I said.

"Read the report made by Maryam.", she said.

"Okay."

While reading the reports prepared by her, I had several doubts. I marked all of them in my notepad to ask her later.

I finished going through the report by evening.

I decided to clarify things with her which I did not understand in the report. I went out of the cabin and asked people way to Maryam's cabin.

"She is in the conference hall mam. The meeting got over a few minutes ago.", one of the employee said.

"Thank you.", I said and headed towards the conference room.

Without knocking the door, I just went in.

I froze where I was.

Luiz and Maryam were deliriously kissing each other.

She was devouring his mouth.

Both are experts! Shit!

Luiz noticed my presence and pushed her away.

I walked out of the room slamming the door really hard.

"Lara, please wait. Please listen to me.", Luiz said following me.

I walked quicker and went inside Caroline's cabin. He followed me.

"Lara. I didn't....", he was about to continue but I stopped.

"It really doesn't matter to me what you do.", I said.

"Please let me explain.", he said.

"What is it? She kissed you. You kissed her and I saw that with my own eyes. What else do you want to justify?", I asked.

I felt like my body was heated up due to anger.

"I didn't kiss her. She did.", he said.

"Don't lie. Don't put the blame on her. How could you? You just kissed me few hours ago and now you were kissing her.", I said dismissingly.

I was tired of him.

"It sounds really cheap Lara. Please don't say like that. It really hurts.", he said in a sad tone.

"I just told what you did. I wonder why it sounds so cheap.", I said sarcastically.

"I didn't kiss. She did. I didn't expect that. It was sudden.", he said.

"Please Luiz. I really don't know why you are even explaining this to me. It doesn't matter to me. But the only thing in my mind is why are you acting to choose me over her when you were mad about her. Your love story is like a fairy tale. Is it because of the business? Or is it a new way to hurt or trap me in something? If you want those businesses I will transfer it to you right away and escape to some corner of the world where no one can find me. Then all the businesses will be yours. Is that what you want?", I asked.