Chapter 49

I went to our room. I saw him sitting on his study desk with a drink. His back was facing me.

How much will he drink?

I went to him.

"Luiz.", I called him and placed my hand on his shoulder

"Don't!", he shouted and took my hand off.

He was burning with anger. His face was reddish pink and his eyes were looking at me as if he will murder me right at that moment.

"Why? Why did you leak my quotations to Alex? Was it your birthday gift to him?", he asked.

I felt like my brain stopped working. I couldn't believe my ears.

Did I hear him right?

"I don't get you Luiz. I don't have any idea about your projects and your quotations. I don't even know that Alex had his own company.", I told him with my shivering voice.

He held both my hands and pulled me towards him very harshly. I rested one of my hand on his chest to not lose the balance.

"Don't lie! Don't you dare lie to me anymore! It was a very confidential file. I never kept it in my office, instead I kept it in this room and the only people who have access to this room is you, me and Jane. I know Jane would never do that. So, its you. Its fucking you who did all this.", he literally shouted on my face such that my eyes closed.

Before I could realize, tears started rolling down my eyes.

Is that the trust he has on me? He trusts Jane more than me?

"Trust me. I don't have any idea about that file. I never knew that you kept it here.", I said by looking into his eyes.

He glared at me and his grip on my hands tightened making me yelp in pain.

"How many times did he come to this room in my absence to have a good time with you?", he asked.

What? Has he lost his senses? Does he even know what is he talking?

I tried to free my hands from him but his grip was too tight.

"Tell me the truth.", he shouted.

" Leave me Luiz. You are drunk. You are not in your senses.", I said as I was yelping in pain.

"Even if I am drunk, I am very much in my senses unlike you who lost your senses when he just touched you in front of everyone and you were damn desperate to enjoy."

There was a painful twist in my heart.

"I thought it's you and not him.", I stuttered.

"Shut up! Just shutup!

"I hate you so much more now. You fucking made me believe that you love me and I was a fool to fall in your trap because you saved my life and were around me again and again. I even stopped our divorce proceedings. But all along you have been cheating on me by having a good time with him. You leaked my quotations. You were dancing with him. You even wore a dress of his favourite colour. Do you think I am an idiot to not understand all this?", he asked.

My temper flared. 

This time, I pushed him away. 

"There is nothing between me and him. I never dated anyone in my life.", I cried out.

His jaw clenched and this time, he yanked my shoulders forcefully such that my body crushed to his and then his palm was exposed to my back. He held my chin and lifted my face to see him.

"What a joke Lara! You really want me to believe the crap you are talking now? You are such a good actress. You play so innocent and yet you are the most cunning girl I ever saw. You are really good at taking the advantage of this innocent face of yours. Anyways, it doesn't really matter what you did in your past. But now put an end to your affairs as you are my wife and please stop pretending as if you are innocent.", he screamed.

I felt defeated. There was a lump in my throat.

I pushed him hard again. He was surprised. I was blazingly angry this time.

"It's not me who is pretending Luiz, it's you. You have heavy mood swings. You make me feel that you love me, yet you never fail to hurt me. You gave me that love byte just to show Alex isn't it? You were pretending to be in love with me. You smiled, you danced and you then you took me under that tree to kiss, knowing very well that he would follow us. Why are you playing with my feelings? Today you literally made me feel that you love me.", I cried out.

"Moreover, I have no idea about the file or the project. I haven't done anything.", I added after a pause.

Why is he doing this to me? What have I done to him?

He smiled at me sarcastically.

I was confused.

"What made you feel today that I love you?", he asked in a sarcastic tone.

Seriously?

"You know what I am talking about.", I said sulking at him.

"Then just listen very carefully. I know that both you and Alex are up to ruining me. Remember the day I saw you both in this room when you were recovering from the attack?", he asked.

My mind drifted back to the memories of that day....

***"Are you avoiding me?", Alex asked.

"No.", I said curtly.

He moved closer to me and sat where Luiz sat during lunch time.

He continued to look at me for some time.

He cupped my face in between both his hands.

"What are you doing?", I asked him and tried to remove his hand with my one hand.

"Don't move Lara. I won't eat you up.", he said.

"Please.....", I said.

"No I cannot, not now.", he said.

"Please Alex...", I begged him.

"How can I...?"

I felt someone's presence at the door.

It was Luiz.***

"No. No. What you think is wrong! You are misunderstanding me.", I said.

"Don't lie. I didn't really care that time. But now I understood that you guys have a thing for each other. Shit! I cringe at the thought about how many times you made out in this room. He was always there around you. So today, I had to show him that you don't belong to him alone and I am also equally enjoying with you. So I smiled at you and since you were desperate, you accepted whatever I did. I danced with you to which you really cooperated and advanced well. Then I took you to a secluded place to which you never opposed. By the way, it was not a kiss. I just gave you a hickey to piss him off and my plan worked. But then you being the desperate girl you are, you were doing the same with him on that dance floor. I lost to him because of you.", he said all in one shot.

My world stopped right there!

"It's not a hickey. It's a love bite and you give it to a people you love...", I sobbed as I said it.

He laughed at me and said, "Who told that to you? Both are same darling! And I never loved you. I just used you to win over him."

Hey my High Fliers!!

Make my day by VOTING, COMMENTING, SHARING and FOLLOWING me on Wattpad.

Love you all <3 XOXO

For more updates follow me on Instagram at anjana_1118