Chapter 18

It had been a week since Luiz and Caroline left to Russia from Brazil. I missed them a lot.

Eat, sleep, get up and repeat.

This was my life.

I want to read something and kill my time.

"Jane, is there any library nearby?", I asked her.

"There is a library upstairs. Would you like to have a look?", she asked.

There is even a library at home? Wow!!

"Sure.", I said.

She took me upstairs and opened the door.

Wow it's a huge room!

I started looking at the books. Most of them were management books. I went to the other side of the shelves. There was a study table with a few notepads and a lamp on it.

I opened the notepads. There were some calculations in them.

Looks like Luiz studies here.

"Can I go?", Jane asked me.

"Yeah sure", I said.

"Okay here are the keys.", she kept them on the table and left.

I opened one of the drawers. I found a diary on which 2015 was written.

It was three-year-old diary.

I searched for something else under it. There was another diary of 2016 and below that was a picture of a girl.

Maryam.

May be these diaries contain something about her.

I opened the 2015 diary.

God forgive me for stalking his information.

Dwelling into someone's past can leave you wounded!

I decided to read only the pages which belonged to Maryam.

Initial few pages were only about business and dealings. Then I found a page of a marriage ceremony.

All of a sudden, I remembered Portia saying Luiz and Maryam met in a marriage ceremony.

May-21-2015

The marriage ceremony of Eric was amazing. The arrangements were done very well. I am finding it difficult to sleep tonight. I felt like I met my soulmate. There was this girl whose name was Maryam. I came to know it from my buddies. She was dancing on the dance floor like there was no tomorrow. Man! she looked so good. She was wearing a royal blue colour dress. And to my surprise even I was wearing the same colour suit. What a coincidence! I went to meet her once she came down from the dance floor. She knew me. Of course, many people knew me. I asked her for a dance to which she agreed immediately. I kept my hands around her waist and pulled her towards me. She didn't object, instead she smiled. I couldn't help but to compliment her smile. She thanked me. Later the music changed and we were dancing to its tune which was fast. She is an amazing dancer but so am I. She complimented my dancing skills and my work. I liked the way she spoke. She was smart and ambitious. She said she admired me a lot. We had to leave the dance floor as everyone left. I don't know for how long I danced with her. But all I knew was she was beauty with brains. A perfect combination.

May-31-2015

It was almost ten days and I could not get her out of my mind. I had her photo and her contact details in my hand. I was a fool who stalked her pictures in social media. She looked very cute and bubbly in her photographs. My secretary called me saying that the interview procedure was about to start for the post of a senior accountant. The previous guy was a fraud who manipulated accounts. So, I just kicked him out of my office. I worked very hard to get to the position I am right now. I had to get over my addiction to drugs and work hard once my dad passed away. I wanted to hire the best people. I went into the office room without glancing at the candidates. My CFO accompanied me for the interview as he also had to scrutinize the candidates. Many candidates came in one after the other. They didn't even have the basic knowledge of the subject. They just were blabbering and beating around the bush. When people do not have their basics clear, they beat around the bush. I just lost my temper sometimes. It pissed me a lot. Why can't they just do their ground work. I was surprised to see the next candidate. It was Maryam. What a coincidence again! She looked hot even in that formal white dress she was wearing. She walked like a princess. Bold and confident. She had a positive aura. She was beautiful. I started staring at her. My CFO started showering questions on her. She was very good at answering the questions asked to her. Her answers were very sharp and relevant. I stared at her mouth. The way her pink and full lips moved while answering. How would it be to kiss them. Her hands, which she used for gestures. Her fingers were manicured. Her eyes were fearless. She is the woman I dreamt of. All of a sudden, I realized that the interview went longer than usual. I couldn't see her proving herself any more. I declared that she was hired. My CFO was surprised to hear me as there were twelve more candidates left. But I gave a damn I wanted her and she was smart enough to handle this job. If a candidate is sharp and relevant, hire him/her. I can have her around me whenever I want. He tried to object me. But my one look was enough to shut his mouth. After all he is a CFO and he loved his job. Maryam smiled at me. She had a naughty smile. Well! I am on it babe!

June-5-2015

I was restless for the last five days. She was in my thoughts since then. Today was her joining date. Finally! She arrived to my cabin. She was wearing a white shirt with a teasing glimpse of her chest and her skirt was above knees. She looked hotter today. She called me Mr. Cardoso. I told her to call me Luiz as in corporate world we call each other by names and when she said my name from that mouth of hers, it felt amazing again. I asked her to report to my CFO because I had no other excuse to keep her in my cabin. I wish she stayed in my cabin for the whole day. However, she came to my cabin again in the evening while she was leaving to her home. I couldn't help it. I asked her for a coffee. She was quicker than me. She said dinner. We went for a dinner to my favourite restaurant. She spoke about her dreams to me. It felt so good that she was sharing her dreams with me. Then she asked the question which I didn't expect from her. She asked me if I had a girlfriend. I told her that I dated many before but currently I was super single. I could see her face brighten up. I was sure she liked me and it made me happier. 

Hey my High Fliers!!

Is it not exciting to know Luiz's past!!

Make my day by VOTING, COMMENTING, SHARING and FOLLOWING me on Wattpad.

You people LITERALLY have no idea how much it means to me!

Love you all <3 XOXO