Chapter 66

"I love Lara!", he said.

There were more tears in my eyes. But this time they were tears of joy.

Maryam sobbed and her eyes were filled with tears.

She actually looked very week. Whenever I saw her, she was very confident and bold. But this was the first time I saw her this way. She looked very beautiful even when she was crying.

"She snatched you from me.", she said looking at me.

"Don't be foolish Maryam. What happened to your brains? I would have never accepted you even if she was not there.", Luiz snapped back at her.

"Don't lie! She is a manipulator!", she said.

"Stop it Maryam. She is not a manipulator. You are the one. You lied to me. You cheated on me. When I was drowning myself into the pain and guilt every day, you were enjoying your life. Not a phone call. Not a message.", he said.

She just stared at him.

"You left me when I needed you the most. The worst part is, you are back because my enemy is dead and you are safe.", he added.

"I am sorry.", she said in a whisper.

"You said that the pain was unbearable isn't it? Do you know that Lara was shot by David?", he asked her.

"I know.", she said bending her head down.

"She never left me. Instead, she stood as my constant support in spite of me hating her so much.", he said.

My heartbeat skyrocketed.

He is actually appreciating my love.

"I always pushed her away because I was still in love with you. I loved you so much Maryam. But unfortunately, you are not worth it.", he said.

I could see her eyes grew bigger in anger.

"And what about the pain I underwent Luiz? Does it not hold any value to you?", she asked rudely.

"I thank you for that. But when my girlfriend enjoys the company of my best friend, I don't think I would value her anymore.", he said.

"So, is that the reason? You are pissed off because I shared a bed with Eric?", she was blazingly angry now.

"I don't care about with whom you share your bed with. I accepted your past, didn't I? But you went on cheating me with none other than my best friend and he deceived me too.", he said.

She didn't speak a word after that. It was like her mouth was sealed.

"Leave Maryam.", he said.

"When did you know about me and Eric?", she asked.

"Five days after you came.", he replied.

"Then why did you never ask me about it?", she asked.

"Because I didn't care to. It doesn't matter to me anymore. I had already moved on and I knew that so did you. I didn't care even when you tried to grab my attention a hundred times because you were no more a part of my life. But when you blamed Lara for all this I couldn't hold it anymore.", he said.

She narrowed her eyes at him.

"I am not with Eric anymore.", she said in order to clear things up.

"It doesn't matter to me anymore. I love my wife.", he said and walked towards the door of the room and opened it.

She got the signal that she had to walk out.

She bent her head down. I could see tears pricking in her eyes again.

She slowly walked towards the door which was held by Luiz.

She gave him one last look and went out.

Luiz closed the door with a loud thud.

He briskly walked towards the bed and sat with his head in between his hands.

I placed my palm on his shoulder.

He looked towards me and our eyes met.

"I love you Luiz!", I bent on my knees to kneel in front of him and hug him.

He just chose me over her. I love him so much. Ever since.

"I love you too Lara. You are the most beautiful woman I have ever met. So true to your heart. I am really lucky to have someone love me like the way you do.", he said hugging me back.

"From when did you start loving me?", I asked him.

"I don't know. But all I know is, as days passed by, my feelings for you became stronger and I fell hard for you.", he said.

"Thank you for accepting me in your life.", I said breaking the hug.

"I should be the one thanking you.", he said and kissed me passionately.

He broke the kiss and said, "You loved me in spite of all my flaws. You tolerated me in every situation. You stood by me as a strong pillar. I treated you so badly when I misunderstood you. But you always loved me back.", he said.

"Its okay. You didn't know anything about me.", I said running my hands through his hair.

"But I was wrong about judging you. I should not have jumped on to the conclusions about you without knowing anything about you.", he said cupping my face.

I kept looking at his guilty eyes.

"You tolerated so much in life Lara. Had it been me in your place, I probably would have given up a long time ago.", he said sighing.

"Luiz please! I don't want anyone's sympathy.", I said standing up.

But he quickly pulled me back such that I fell on bed.

He quickly hovered over me.

"Yes, I have sympathy on you. But I never had feelings for you because of sympathy.", he said.

I felt relaxed.

"I love you for who you are and not what you were.", he said.

I felt the tears of joy making their way out of the brim of my eyes.

Hey my High Fliers!!

It is an amazing feeling when a person loves you for who you are rather than for how you look!

Make my day by VOTING, COMMENTING, SHARING and FOLLOWING me on Wattpad.

Love you all <3 XOXO

For more updates follow me on Instagram at anjana_1118