Cleanse

You take it upon yourself to make breakfast that morning. Like yesterday, Jimin closely follows behind you, inspecting your every move. Almost everything in Hoseok's pantry is boxed foods that he must've bought before moving in. Inside the cupboard you find a special, familiar box. Pancakes it is.

The batter sizzles and pops on the pan and Jimin jumps each and every time. You chuckle lightly. "There's nothing to be scared of, just don't get to close and you won't get hurt," you explain to the man who's using you as a human shield.

You top off the freshly made pancakes with butter and syrup. "Chim, you can start eating. I'm going to wake up Hoseok." He nods before you scamper off into Hoseok's room. You knock lightly at the door upon entering. "Hoseok?" He lays peacefully in bed like last night, and you quietly walk over to the side of his bed, before gently shaking his arm. "Hobi, wake up." You smile while praising yourself for coming up with such great nicknames.

His eyes flutter open after you shake him again. "Mm, Y/N," he sighs while rubbing his eyes.

"I made pancakes!" You say quietly, but cheerfully. "Come out before they get cold," you warn him before walking out of his room, leaving the door a crack open as if a reminder to come out.

Walking back into the kitchen, you see an acorn sitting in Jimin's seat. Oh wait, it's just Jimin. "Jimin!" You whine. "How'd you manage to make such a mess?" The once clean table is now covered with syrup and crumbs, not to mention the bits of pancake sticking to his mouth and face. You groan with definite exaggeration. "Get up," you command him. He does as you say, and he can tell you're angry at him.

"Y/N, I'm sorry," he apologizes while looking up at you with the same innocent eyes.

Your brows furrow. "It's fine," you sigh heavily, "Let's just get this cleaned up." Thankfully you get the tabletop cleaned off before Hoseok comes out, but Jimin still is a complete mess.

"Wow, what happened?" Hoseok asks, staring at the syrup-and-pancake-faced Jimin.

You sigh, looking down at him too. "He uh- spilt the syrup bottle, so we were just going to go clean up, but help yourself." You say, pointing to the untouched stack of pancakes.

Grabbing Jimin's arm you pull him off into the bathroom, shutting the door behind you. "How did you make such a mess in the couple of seconds I left you alone?" You ask while wetting a rag.

"Sorry, Y/N," he says while looking at the floor.

His apologies keep getting to you, you realize. Maybe it's because he sounds so innocent? All the same, you continue over to him, wet rag in hand. "It's fine," you sigh for the billionth time. "Just hold still so I can get this off." You begin with light pats on his skin, but the stubborn syrup doesn't budge, so you resort to scrubbing more roughly.

"Ah-ah," Jimin peeps, backing away from your hand.

"Hey, I told you to stay still," you argue, walking closer to him. He too continues to back up.

Two can play at that game...

You think, moving more quickly to catch up with him. The cycle finally ends with his back hitting the wall. "Stay still!" You yell at the squirming worm in front of you.

"No," he says, covering his face. "Y/N..." he whimpers, which finally makes you back off. "I-It hurts."

He uncovers his hands to reveal his red and puffy face. You didn't realize until now how swollen and irritated his skin had become upon you scrubbing his face. "Chim..." your voice is no more than a whisper, and you move your hand up to his face. He winces as your cold, but gentle, fingers lay on his skin. The first thing you think it might be is some kind of allergic reaction. "Chim, is the inside of your mouth or throat swollen?"