Beach Day

After an eventful first night in Daecheon and a morning well-slept in, you finally find yourself at the beach.

The house you're staying at is along a private beach that it and the other houses share, granting you the peace and quiet you had hoped for. Jimin couldn't wait before changing into his swimming trunks, rushing out to look at the water.

You change into a two-piece swimsuit, the color a solid bright red that you haven't had the chance to wear yet. You thought you were the last one out the door until you see Jungkook rummaging in his bag as you walk out.

"Hey," you greet. "Thanks again for taking care of all of us last night," you say with a brief chuckle. "Sorry if we caused you stress. Are you going to come out?" You ask when seeing his lack of a bathing suit.

He shrugs his shoulders. "I don't really swim."

"You should still come out," you urge, adding, "It won't be fun if you're not there," before walking out with a bag and towel around your arm.

Upon walking onto the beach, you see Hoseok attempt to pull Yoongi into the water with him. Sighing, Yoongi then pushes Hoseok into the water.

Hoseok is quick to get up and grab Yoongi's hand to pull him in too.

Jimin stands nervously away from the line the water has made along the sand.

"Chim," you call out before waving your hand.

He meets you halfway down the beach with a slight frown.

"What's wrong?" You're quick to ask, brows creasing as he tries to grab at your hand.

He looks at you, then behind him at the water, and back. Looking upset, he shifts his eyes back and forth before finally hiding his face in your neck, arms wrapping around your swimsuit-clad body.

"Hey," you say softly, attempting to put your arms around him despite being halted by your beach bag and the towels. "What's wrong, Jimin?" You ask lightly. "Hm?"

He rubs his head back and forth. "Y/N, I wanna go in the water."

"Of course you can. Why don't you g-"

"I'm scared," he mumbles, embarrassed.

You awe before pulling apart with a puckered frown. "Aw, my Chimmy," you say while putting your hands around his reddened cheeks as he puffs them out like a child. "There's nothing to be afraid of. How about I come with you, yeah?"

He looks down and nods hesitantly.

After setting your things down, you hold his hand and walk down to the water where Hoseok and Yoongi now lay on floats. Taehyung lays on one of the loungers on the beach.

As you near the tideline, Jimin slows down.

"Look, it's okay." You move to dip your toes into the salty water. "Come here."

You reach out your hand for him to grab onto, and he steps in beside you with both feet fully submerged.

After a few seconds of silence, as he adjusts to the cold temperature, he looks up and grins at you. Laughing lightly, you take another step forward.

"See, it's fun? Just like you imagined," he walks with you until the water is up to your calves.

It's easy for you to get lost looking out at the crystal clear water, but you have to look away when Jimin reaches for your other hand, forcing you to turn and look at him.

He stares up at the sky before meeting your eyes. "There will be a shooting star tonight."

"How do you know?" You look curiously into the cloudless sky.