The Night: Final Step

part IV

[mature content ahead]

-

Y/N's POV

Sitting up as if you were caught doing something forbidden, you stand up quickly, pulling apart from Jimin and placing a hand over your red lips.

You stand wide-eyed, processing what you were just about to do.

"U-Uh," you stutter while Jimin is still trying to catch his breath on the floor. "I'll go and get that."

Scampering off to the front door while still catching your breath, you run a hand through your tousled hair.

You open it slightly as to peek at who it is.

A delivery man stands with a box and clipboard expectantly.

"C-Can I help you?" You ask while opening the door some more.

He extends the arm with the clipboard. "Jung Hoseok? You ordered some slippers."

"Oh, there's a mistake. He's the next apartment over." You say and start to close the door.

"He's not home. This is his backup address," he still holds the clipboard out to you. "If you could just sign here, I'll be on my way."

"Backup address," you mumble, slightly frustrated before signing and taking the package.

You hesitate before turning around, not knowing how you're going to explain to Jimin what just happened. You'll just tell him it was an accident and that it won't happen again. Yeah.

He no longer lays on the floor when you turn around, but is instead standing up and staring at you with a heavy gaze- still with no shirt, if you're wondering.

"J-Jimin, are you ready for bed?" You stutter, getting nervous.

His brows crease, and he almost looks agitated at the question. Then he's walking towards you with the same expression.

"I-I'm tired," you take a step back, gulping. "I want to go to bed now."

He stops, a more normal expression returning to his face. "Okay, Y/N."

You exhale a breath before turning off the movie and heading to your bedroom to get ready for bed. Jimin easily slips under the covers of the bed you share, and you follow after.

The room is dark, save for the bluish light that shines passed the window, and you struggle to find a normal position.

You end up on your back, staring at the ceiling. Then you hear Jimin shuffle and look over to find him in the same position as you.

You have your arms laying flat beside you on top of the covers and he stares back at you.

"I love you, Y/N," he whispers and takes your hand, gently lacing your fingers together.

Your breath picks up once again that night and you watch as his eyes look down at your lips, still red from earlier. He moves closer.

You look down at his lips, still red and plump from earlier. His tongue slips past his lips to brush against his bottom lip.

You want to kiss him again.

Chest rising and falling, you suddenly pull your hand away before you couldn't control yourself. "I-I have to go get some water."