Goodbye Gifts

Sleep is necessary for a good day. Much rather, a day when you're not grumpy. However, that's not the case today. Today is a day where you are a bowling ball, aiming to knock down any set of pins that come in your path.

-

"Y/N..." a quiet voice calls. "Y/N...!" Moaning, you finally open your eyes and are immediately pierced with the blinding light that shines all around you.

Instantly closing your eyes, you pull the covers over your face. "Go away," you slur, falling back into a very deep and needed sleep.

"I thought you had school today?"

"I said leave me-" Realization hits you like a rock. "School," you repeat. That alone is why you got 3 hours of sleep last night. "I... have.... school..." ripping the blankets off of your form, you rush to the kitchen and past Hoseok, who was the one apparently waking you up. You almost push him over in the process of almost tripping yourself.

Crap.

School starts in 20 minutes. Your usual routine of getting ready takes you 45 minutes at least, not counting the time it takes for you to walk there. "What am I going to do?... What am I going to do...?" You chant while pacing back and forth across the wooden floor.

Task 1: Clothes.

You race into the bedroom, practically tripping over the rug for a second time, and grab the first set of clothing you find. Then, running to the bathroom, you get dressed.

Not quick enough, Y/N. You think to yourself while running the faucet to a warmer setting.

Task 2: Wash.

You'd usually prefer a shower, but there's no time for that. So, you settle for a splash of water on your face, while also brushing your teeth simultaneously.

You take a glance at the toilet before shaking your head. There's a toilet at school and I'm not about to be late because of something that isn't necessary. You tell yourself while opening up your cosmetic bag.

Task 3: Hair.

Grabbing a ponytail, you pin your hair up, leaving your messy bangs out in front. Not bothering to check if it looks even remotely okay, you zip up your bag and move out of the bathroom.

Task 4: Breakfast.

Not enough time.

Task 5: Shoes.

Running back into the spare bedroom, you frantically search for socks. "Got it!" you shout, holding up a pair of socks.

"Y/N?"

"No time for chit-chat, I'm going to be super late for school." You say quickly while slipping on a sock, not even bothering to see who called you. "No, no, no..." you repeat while lifting up different bags in search of your backpack. "Where is it?!"

"This?" You turn around, following the voice, to see Jimin holding up your backpack, while still looking half asleep.

You happily jump up, and take the backpack from his hands. "Yes, yes! This is it, thank you!" You give him a small peck on his cheek. "You be good today while I'm gone, okay?"

He nods his head in response while going slightly red, you being to rushed to even notice.

"I'll be back later, but see if Hoseok needs help while I'm gone." You tell him before racing out of the room. "BYE HOSEOK!" You yell finally before slamming the door shut behind you.

***

Jimin's POV

Jimin watched a very frantic and hurried Y/N leave the house with nothing but a peck on his cheek. He didn't know what it meant, but thought it was some kind of leaving gift. Kind of like a goodbye. Even so, it made him feel strange the way she was so close to him. There was a sort of liking to it.