You Were Always There All Along

Y/N's POV

Lately, things have been different.

You've been regularly attending school now, which is a good thing. You used to not be able to go a full week without something coming up with Jimin.

Hoseok has been in Daegu with Yoongi so much that it hardly feels like he lives next to you anymore.

You rarely have time to go to the cafe and check-up with Jungkook, being too busy with work and school.

And it's become a routine at night that whoever gets home first, be you or Jimin, will simply go to bed without the other.

At first, Jimin would always wait for you to get home, making sure to greet you with a kiss as soon as you walked through the door before curling up in bed with you in his arms.

But now he's working doubles at the market, and your schedules seem to never match up.

Even in the mornings when you have to leave early, Jimin no longer gets up with you, doesn't takes showers with you, and doesn't even wave goodbye at the door when you leave.

You guess you should be grateful though.

Because now you're no longer struggling financially. Student loans are slowly being paid, you're able to buy groceries other than microwave meals, and Jimin is learning more and more each day.

Today was another late night you had at the alley, and walking home in the dark only makes you more tired.

When you finally arrive home, however, your apartment is dark as well, signaling Jimin is already asleep.

Sighing as you slip off you extra layers, you throw on a T-shirt before slipping under the covers that are already warm from the one who occupies the opposite side of the bed.

You move closer to Jimin, being gentle while moving his arms to hold you before shutting your eyes completely.

***

Jimin's POV

The next day at work went by in a flash for Jimin. In the morning when he woke, he was left in the same state as when he fell asleep last night: alone.

He wonders if Y/N even came home last night.

Loading a shelf with cardboard cereal boxes, he sighs and furrows his eyebrows.

Is Y/N really happy now that I got a job?

He sure knows he's not happy anymore. He barely gets to see her, and when he does, all they seem to do is sleep.

"What's up with you today?" Ji-won nudges his shoulder while standing next to him with a cart of her own, loading the adjacent shelf.

"What do you mean?" He hums back.

She turns to him completely. "You're not talking or asking questions like you usually do," she says.

He shrugs his shoulders, getting lost in thought once more.

Humming lightly as his gaze shifts to the floor, Ji-won grabs his forearm lightly. "Hey, do you want to talk about it?"

"Does working make you happy?" He asks.

She furrows her brows slightly. "Well, not particularly. But, I suppose it does, otherwise I wouldn't be able to have my own apartment."

"You live alone?" Jimin asks, surprised as if it's a foreign concept. The only person he knows that lives alone is Hoseok. Even Jungkook lived with people.