He'll Die Without Me

Jimin's POV

Sitting curled up underneath a blanket on his chair, Jimin shivers.

He doesn't know why, though.

One minute he's burning up, then the next he's freezing cold. He no longer has the energy to play with Jerri or Baryu.

Just wait for her to get home, just wait. He chants in his head, knowing that Y/N will make him feel better when she gets home.

Thinking of her now, he tries to distract himself from the aching feeling in his clogged head.

He thinks of her hands, how he wants to hold them, the urge suddenly growing further.

It's as if the more Y/N touches him, the harder it is for him to bear when she's not.

Grasping his arm under the sheets, he waits and waits, painting pictures in his head of the one who constantly floods his mind.

***

Y/N's POV

You get off work later than usual that day, making the dark trip home more of a task than it usually is.

You yawn when opening the door to your apartment, expecting Jimin to come rushing at you like usual. But you don't hear anything. Not even a greeting.

Brushing it off, you assume he went over to Hoseok's.

You slip off your shoes with ease, moving into the kitchen to eat something as a late dinner, walking past your bedroom completely.

A package of ramen suffices, and it isn't long until you're walking to your room to take a shower.

Entering the separate room of your small apartment, you almost fall to the floor with what you see.

Blonde hair disheveled, blanket falling off his perspiring body that's lying lifelessly on the floor, you look down at Jimin.

"Jimin!" You scream, immediately running to him and kneeling on the floor. "What happened? Chim?"

You hover over his body, attempting to gently shake him awake.

Whimpering, you bite your lip while cupping his face in your hands. "Wake up," you plead.

Sunken eyes fluttering open slowly, Jimin looks up at you. "Y-Y/N, I was just coming to get you." He tries to smile weakly, his eyes closing once more.

You frown at that, guessing that's why he was sprawled out on the floor, and you can only hope that he wasn't here long. "Hey, hey," you whisper gently, "Stay awake, okay?"

Hands still cupping his cheeks, you move one up to his forehead that's burning hot.

How did he get sick all of a sudden? He was perfectly fine this morning.

"Dammit," you curse, trying to think of what to do, which for starters is getting him off the floor. "Chim, we have to get up, okay?"

Humming faintly below you, he still has his eyes closed.

"Okay?" You ask more loudly, willing his head to move from the carpeted floor by placing a hand beneath it.

He nods his head lightly. "Okay, Y/N." It comes out scratchy and faint, but it's enough.

Standing up, you attempt to bend down and grab his hands to get him to stand up as well.

It doesn't work.

Jimin only tries to pull you down towards him, humming your name.

You consider calling for emergency help when looking down at his perspiring forehead, but then shake your head. You're already walking on thin ice when renting this apartment which costs more than you would like, and on top of that, Jimin doesn't have any form of identification whatsoever.