Trail

Jimin's POV

"Hey, sorry I woke you up so early." Jungkook hushes out, a bag hanging on one of his shoulders. "I'm headed out for my classes. Feel free to leave if you have to, just make sure you lock the door behind you. If I don't see you later, be sure to stop by the cafe sometime and I'll treat you to another coffee."

Jimin nods his head shortly before Jungkook's out the door, giving him no time to let him know that he hates coffee.

He lays in the small bed that belongs to Jungkook. The night prior, Jungkook insisted that Jimin take his bed, and Jimin didn't have a problem with accepting the offer.

Although it was a bed, none of it felt right.

Because as he sits in the small room hardly big enough for two people, none of it feels like home.

Scared. So scared he is.

Humming out a painful noise to attempt the stinging feeling in his eyes to stop, Jimin curls up in the bed.

He just wants something to hold. He wants something to hold him.

But only one thing seems to come to his mind.

Y/N.

"Stop," he whispers to himself, shutting his eyes tightly. "Stop thinking."

Standing up abruptly, Jimin gets out of the bed, going anywhere else to get his mind off of her.

He undresses from the clothes Jungkook lent him, picking up the shirt he came in.

The striped, long-sleeved shirt is what he wore. The same one that Hoseok had bought him when they went shopping together.

And for the first time, he's not frowning.

Holding the shirt close to him, Jimin shuts his eyes, remembering how Hoseok showed him so many new things. He remembers how he made him try on the black jacket. He remembers hoping- wishing -that she would notice when they went home.

Just once he wanted her to look at him the same way he always looked at her.

Her... her...

The moment is gone, and tears replace the happiness of the memory.

Y/N, where are you?

He throws the shirt on the floor.

And then he leaves, forgetting the clothes behind along with the memory he no longer wants.

But it seems to keep coming back.

***

Y/N's POV

You arrive with Hoseok, out of breath and in front of the cafe. Neither of you wasted any time after hearing the men at the market talk of the boy.

It had to be Jimin. It had to be.

"Good morning!" A young woman behind the counter greets as they rush into the shop. "Would you like-"

"E-excuse me," you say while out of breath. "I'm sorry, but is Jungkook here?"

Her eyes crease for a moment before understanding. "Oh, Jungkook, of course! No, he doesn't have a shift this morning."

"When will he be here?" Hoseok is quick to ask.

"Uh, I assume he's coming after my shift, so... around noon?" She responds.

It's only 9:30, you observe on your phone.