Long Distance

Hoseok's POV

With the opinion of Jimin and his own judgment, Hoseok finds himself in a yellow and green chevroned suit that night. Jelled hair, jewelry set in place, just the right amount of buttons undone on his shirt, he looks in the mirror once more.

For the first time in a while, Hoseok was genuinely nervous for a date.

Would he like my outfit? Or is it too much? AM I TOO MUCH?!

Orbiting thoughts swarm his head, making him hesitate and touch up his hair for the umpteenth time.

But then he stops abruptly.

Facing the mirror with his chin up high, he adjusts his suit jacket with confidence.

"I'm Jung Hoseok," he spews cockily, puckering his lips. "I got this."

And he's out the door with those few phrases of self-assurance.

But if only he knew how quickly they would die out when it really mattered.

-

"Sir, are you sure you don't want to order anything yet?" A waitress asks Hoseok for the fifth time that night.

"I'll wait just a while longer," he replies, a saddened smile on his face.

He got stood up.

Although his proposal wasn't the most formal, he didn't go into the restaurant with any doubts.

When Yoongi had awoken in his house that morning, Hoseok invited him to dinner before he had to leave. With hesitation or not, Yoongi had said yes.

Not even a text...

Hoseok stares down at his phone that sits on the table in the secluded area of the restaurant he had booked just for this night. Just for the two of them.

He had been here for nearly two hours.

Even getting here early for the occasion, he had planned everything perfectly.

A nice setup away from other people, expensive wine, and nice food that Hoseok had made sure Yoongi would like.

This ruined mood wasn't even enough to make him want to go get drunk at a bar when he finally headed home.

He just moped with a frown to his apartment, skipping past Y/N's door and going straight to his own.

Upon entering his room, he flops onto the couch, still wearing the outfit he chose so carefully.

Ever since Yoongi had left after that morning, he'd been thinking about today, even tidying up his place and renting a movie.

How stupid of me...

Hoseok thinks with a sour smile.

He'd never want to be in a relationship with me.

He buries his head into the pillow as he lays face down into the fluffy acquaintance, making a muffled sound into it.

Then there's a frantic knock at his door.

"Go away Jimin," Hoseok groans. "I'm not in the mood to give advice right now."

They knock again.

He ignores.

Another set of knocks.

"Alright, alright," he sighs, getting up.

Opening the door after stumbling woefully across the wooden floor, he sees the one person he didn't expect.