Motel Magic

Hoseok's POV

"Let's stay at a motel!"

"No."

"Why?" Hoseok pouts over the phone. "That way we can meet in the middle and it'll be an adventure!"

"Fine."

"I'll get a room booked and everything," Hoseok giggles into the phone. "I'm already looking it up!"

He hears Yoongi laugh lightly across the line. "Okay, let's plan for around seven o'clock. We can have dinner that way."

"Yes sir," Hoseok lowers his voice then giggles. "See you then baby~!"

"Hey, what'd I say about calling me that?" Yoongi warns.

Hoseok only chuckles sneakily. "Bye-bye," then hangs up.

***

"There wasn't any good restaurants around that I could find..." Hoseok trails off as they sit in an old diner near the motel.

"This is fine," Yoongi sips his root beer float.

Hoseok smiles while adjusting the beanie on his head. The glass that surrounds the small building they sit in shows the darkening sky and the motel sign that is illuminated across the street. "It's kind of nice being some of the only ones around, huh?"

Yoongi nods his head, eyeing the only other pair filling the diner.

"So I was thinking maybe tomorrow we drive down to Daejeon? There's a lot of things I saw that we could do," Hoseok smiles lightly as Yoongi stares down at his crossword, every so often sipping the drink.

"Uh, I can't. I have to drive back first thing in the morning," he doesn't even look up.

Hoseok creases his brows at that, smile disappearing. "But I thought you said that-"

"There's this new album I'm working on. I figure I should use the whole day," he says simply.

"So when can we get together aga-"

Yoongi interrupts him once more. "I don't know. I'm really busy lately."

"Well, I'm sure there must be one day that-"

"Hoseok," he says sternly. "I told you I don't know."

Hoseok only scoffs with hurt, shaking his head before standing up. "You might as well just go home now, then, rather than just sitting there with that stupid crossword."

"Hoseok," Yoongi attempts to stop him as he storms away, clearly upset.

Walking quickly across the street, Hoseok can't decide if he's more upset or more angry with Yoongi. Or if the tears that begin to escape his eyes are from hatred or sadness.

He walks into their room of the small motel, grabbing the little bag Yoongi brought for the night and chucking it outside with a dramatic sigh.

He sits on the bed in the tiny room and buries his head between his knees until there are a knock and a sigh from the other side of the door.

"Hobi-"

"Go away."

"I have a room key, you know..." Yoongi mutters. "Can I come in now?"

He takes Hoseok's silence as a yes and unlocks to then enter the room.

Still curled up in the center of the bed, Hoseok hides his face as Yoongi nears him with a frown.

"I'm sorry," he says quietly and sits on the edge of the bed. "It's just- I'm really stressed with all the stuff going on back home. I shouldn't treat you badly, though."