Day Off

"Thank you for everything! We'll be on our way now that the storm has mostly passed." You say to Jungkook while handing him your card to pay.

Shaking his head, he says, "No need. This time's on the house." Then, just like before, that darned bunny smile appears. "Just tell me you'll come and visit again!"

"Of course we will." You say sincerely.

"You will." Jimin mutters, loud enough for you to hear, but thankfully not Jungkook.

Clearing your throat harshly, you continue. "We should really get going, but thank you again!"

"Anytime!" Jungkook says one last time before you're out the door.

You reopen the umbrella since it's still drizzling out. Of course, you're still wet, but you'd do anything to even try to keep as dry as you got while in the shop. Your coat is unusable, as it's still soaking wet, so you hang it over one arm in attempts to not to squeeze any more of the water out of it in the process. "We're going home," you finally announce, and start walking.

"But Y/N-" He whines, but you cut him off.

"No but's. This was a mistake, and. We're. Going. Home." Jimin can't pick up or sense many obvious things, but one thing he can always tell is when you're upset with him.

"Okay..." He says sadly, walking a couple feet from you, once again getting wet by the light shower the sky makes.

Sighing, you take a step closer to him, lifting up the umbrella over both your heads. You walk home silently, your side occasionally hitting his accidentally. However, there's something calming about it; the rain bringing a constant pitter patter as it hits the ground, an umbrella above your head, and the presence of someone else underneath it.

Because you're not alone this time.

"Y/N..."

"Hm?" You hum.

He gently grabs your free hand that doesn't hold the umbrella.

"Y/N, why does it feel so warm when you touch me?"

***

"Hey, Hoseok said he's off today, so you're going to hang out with him. Okay?" You ask Jimin while getting ready for yet another day of school.

Yawning cutely while eating his pancakes, he nods his head. "Okay, Y/N. Will you be with us after school?"

"Depends on how much homework I have to do tonight." You say, giving him the same response you usually do. A part of you wants nothing more than to be out of school, but the other part wants you to stay. You still have no idea what you want to do, and with how busy you're going to be, you don't know how you'll even have time to think about anything.

"You always say that." He pouts.

Sighing, you nod your head. "I know, I'm sorry. Things will be better once I get this job, I can feel it. I start this weekend, so we'll do something before then, I promise."

"It's okay, Y/N. You are doing- uh... outstanding!"

You chuckle halfheartedly, while patting his head. "Hoseok will be here soon, but I have to go."

"Okay. I like you a lot, Y/N."

"I like you too."

***

Jimin's POV

"Hyung!" Jimin says excitedly while opening the door to find Hoseok standing outside.

"Jiminie!" Hoseok shouts back in the same, enthusiastic manner. "Are you ready?"

Jimin cocks his head, an adorable quirk he does when confused. "For what?"