Nap of a Star

"How do I look?" You ask with your arms outstretched, the blue gown hugging your sides loosely as it blows in the May breeze.

Hoseok stands, a hand on his hip and the other on his chin. "Hm," he hums before moving to you, adjusting the matching blue cap that sits on your head. "Perfect."

You're graduating today.

"What if I fall, like in those embarrassing videos you see online, or what if-"

Chuckling lightly, Hoseok places two hands on your shoulders to slow you down. "Y/N, you'll do fine. Have a little confidence. This is a good day."

Exhaling the pent up breath, you nod your head. "Okay, tell Jimin and Jungkook I said hi. See you guys after."

He nods his head before pushing you off to go.

You're graduating today.

You think again with a smile.

***

"Whoop whoop," Hoseok shouts while hooking his arm around your neck. "My little sister finally graduated!"

You smile before pushing him off. "Yeah, you might as well call me your older sister now."

"Noona, congratulations!" Jungkook walks on the other side of you, offering to hold your cap and gown as you walk back to Yoongi's car.

After Yoongi's work got recognition in a big album that reached the charts, the first thing he did was buy a car for him and Hobi. Though that was all he could afford with it, it's what they wanted the most.

Jimin is the first thing you see when you get back to the car. "Jimin!"

His face lights up as he chases after you to envelop you in a big hug.

"Alright, alright," Yoongi comes up next. "Everyone gather around Y/N," he instructs while pulling out his phone.

Jimin and Jungkook stand on either side of you, Hoseok in the back with his arms up, and a giant smile on all your faces.

"Say cheese!"

You graduated today.

***

Later that same day, you find yourself at a nearby bar, celebrating with everyone.

Jimin, Hoseok, Jungkook, Yoongi, Taehyung all join. Jin and Namjoon even came earlier to congratulate you briefly.

This time you all sit around a table, relaxing after the long day. Eve Hoseok, usually energetic and loud, is pleasantly sitting with a beer.

"So does this mean you're not working at the alley anymore?" Taehyung asks with a frown.

You shake your head. "No, I'll still be around for a while."

"You better keep being my neighbor," Hoseok adds warningly.

"You all are acting like I'm disappearing or something," you chuckle lightly. "I'll still be here. I'll still work at the alley, I'll be your neighbor, and I'll still visit the cafe."

Yoongi eyes you expectantly. "What about me?"

"You'll still give me discounts on your music," you chuckle as he shakes his head and playfully rolls his eyes. "I'll always visit, as long as you visit me too," you say seriously.

Next, it's Jimin who tugs on your sleeve. "Me?"

"You'll always stay right here."

He nods his head quickly in agreement.

"Thank you all again for the gifts and for coming," you say as the night grows later.

With agreeing nods and words, everyone congratulates you once more.

"To Y/N," Hoseok holds up his beer can.

Everyone puts their glasses or cans to the middle of the round table.

"To being friends forever."

You smiled today.

-

You arrive back at your apartment with tired eyes and a feeling of fulfillment. Jimin follows you with his hand wrapped around your own, not letting go until he needs to.

Like every other night, you stand beside each other in the small closet, dressing in comfortable nightwear. Once you're dressed, Jimin startles you with his arms coming to hug you from behind.

You smile giddily as he squeezes his arms with a laugh of his own. He hums before lifting your laughing body off the floor gently to carry you over to the bed from your position in the closet.

You squeal as he pulls you onto the bed, spinning you around so you land on top of him.

After you both get over the fit of laughter that soon took over, you smile while humming and staring down at his face. He grins up at you warmly, and you cup his cheeks between your hands.

"I'm happy now. I really am," you sigh with content before kissing him lightly. "Thank you, Jimin."

You were happy today.

"I love you."

Your happiness was only for today.

You shut your eyes, and then he shuts his.

The nap of a star that would no longer wake in your world.

[A/N]

I know this is a bts fic, but if you haven't listened to Nap of a Star by txt, (1) what are you doing with your life and (2) the lyrics are very beautiful and you should really listen to it.

I will update soon for you. Please rest well, my Ramies.

 Please rest well, my Ramies

Leave your predictions here.

- Ichiranramen <3