NamJin's Bowleria

"Okay," you announce, "From now on, every time something starts to hurt or if you wrist changes in any way, you need to tell me."

Standing in the kitchen of your apartment, you hurriedly get ready for school whilst talking to Jimin. It's been a couple days since your talk- and realization- so you've had some time to really think. You really did realize that you needed to monitor Jimin more closely. He needed help and you weren't there, but this time you're going to make sure that you'll be there when he needs it.

"Okay, Y/N." He replies, eating pancakes of course. "Y/N, look at my wrist."

Dropping everything you're doing, you race over to the table, picking up his arm. "W-What is it?! What happened?!"

You stare down in sheer panic, flipping over his arm, only to drop it. "Really? You seriously got me all worked up because you got some tofu on your wrist?" Sighing, you go back to putting on a pair of socks. "I have to leave, so don't do anything stupid today. Remember, only use the microwave. Silverware doesn't go in it, and make sure to look at the cards I left you to help you with times."

You came up with quite the plan of action when deciding to let Jimin use the microwave. A couple weeks ago, when you had some free time, you wrote little notes on microwavable foods that Jimin eats. This way, he doesn't have to search the package for the number, especially because he can't read very well. Although, he has been catching on quickly with all of your lessons. So, the big number cards left on top help him to know how long each cook for. All he has to do is look at the numbers and copy them when pressing the buttons on the machine.

"Goodbye, Y/N." Jimin says while wiping his mouth properly; you smile. "I like you a lot."

You pat his head on the way out of the kitchen. "Bye. I like you too."

Simple things like that have became routine for you. Since you told Jimin that he couldn't possible love you, he resorts to saying that he "likes you a lot".

College is becoming more of a hassle that you ever thought it would have been. Not only because you have one more mouth to feed, you don't have a job and are running off of savings that are bound to run out sooner or later, but also because you don't even know why you're still going.

Like your mother used to say, "everyone has a purpose in this world that is specific to them." Naturally, the first thing that came to mind was a job. A job means work, and work means doing something. Except, you've given up on that thought entirely. You know there must be something more to your life, but to think that you yourself has a purpose is out of the question. Your only friend is Hoseok that you've known for a short time, you don't have a job, and are going to school for what?

You have no idea. The only thing that comes to your mind is a job. But what job would you get?

Back in high school, you thought going into college meant that you would be able to find what your passion was, and then pursue it. But to no avail.

All you can do is wait for some golden moment to come around and open up your eyes.

***

"Yes, I would like to apply for the job opening."

"Great! Follow me." A woman says to you from behind a counter. As you walk with her further into the building, your regret and hesitation build up even more. Clanking and cheers become more prominent and clear the further you walk in. The walls have colorful patterns, pictures adorning them that seem to intrigue you while looking at the past teams that have played here over the years.

You're at a bowling alley. And you're applying for a job.

Now, you might be wondering how of all places, you chose to go for a job at the good-old bowling alley. It was none other than Hoseok of course.