New Friends

"Just one day."

Those words play on repeat in your head the entire next day. You can't even focus at school, let alone get your work done. After Jimin said that to you last night, you didn't know how to give him an answer. You weren't even sure what he was asking. So, you just told him you were tired, and that you would talk the next day. Morning came, and you so graciously decided to not wake him up, and leave for school.

However, you would soon learn that nothing good was to come of that day. Worried more than anything, you couldn't focus on a thing for even a minute. You were worried about what may happen, and what may happen in the future. This cycle of not knowing seems to be on repeat, like a broken record that won't die.

The only reassurance you manage to obtain is the fact that it's Friday. But even then, should that bring you joy? That means you're one day closer to your new job. It also means that you have to deal with Jimin. The. Whole. Weekend.

That brings you back to your apartment, after an uneventful day of nothing. You had to take a cab home since it was beginning to storm. By the time you got to your floor, loud booms of thunder and rumbled the building, rendering you frightened and in a hurry.

"I'm home," you mumble while walking in your apartment.

Surprisingly, you don't get a response from Jimin. Not thinking anything of it, you slip off your shoes before walking into your bedroom, plopping down on your bed. You look over at Jimin's empty chair that he sleeps in, wondering where he is.

"Chim?" Another boom shakes the room, earning another jump from you. "Jimin, come here."

Silence.

Rain crashes against the walls that separate you from the outside, and you get up from the safety of your bed. "Jimin..."

Walking into the kitchen, you search for your yellow-haired friend. But, once again, not to your luck. Your apartment is small, so there's only one room left that he could be hiding. The bathroom.

Opening the door, you notice the lights already on. Bingo.

"Aha!" you exclaim while turning the corner, expecting to see him. But, once again, you're met with nothing. "JIMIN!" You scream while walking back into your bedroom. "Are you scared of the thunder? I'm here now, so come out."

Then you hear something. It almost sounds like.... a shuffle. "Jimin, is that you?" Searching for any place he could be hiding, you resort to finally looking underneath your bed. You didn't want it to come to this, but you've made certain that there's no way he could possibly be anywhere else in your small apartment. The reason you don't want to look under your bed, however, is because... it's a mess.

That's why you didn't want to believe that he would've gone under there. Over the past year or two you've lived here, things have sort of collected under the comfortable rectangle that you call your "son". Living in such a small place, you resorted to using storage where ever you could find. Under your bed happened to be the perfect place. After all, it was out of sight, and it's not like that space was being put to use anyways. The only good thing it was doing was making a home for dust bunnies.

So, you just began to put stuff under it over the years. Surely one day you planned on cleaning it out, or organizing it at the very least, but that day just hasn't come around quite yet. To think Jimin, as large as he is, could fit underneath it with all of your crap, seemed simply unreasonable. But, you can't deny the noises and occasional shuffling coming from under it.

Getting down on all fours, you slowly peel up the sheets, examining the dark area. "Jimi- AHHHHH!" Screaming, you run out of your room like the flash, and into the hallway, finally stopping in front of Hoseok's room. Banging on his door, you continue screaming. "HOSEOK!"