Nightmare...

Authors Note:

Weekend here!! Yassss!

Happy reading...❤

Zack's  POV:

Lights...

Lights everywhere...

I woke up from my bed to see bright lights shooting in from my window illuminating my dark room. I didnt know what was happening. I curled up my fingers into a fist. The air was cool and calm but there was huge tension in it. I opened my door and saw everything standstill. It was quiet... just the way it would be on the other nights... but this moment... was unusually too queer.

I walked on the wooden floor and it squeaked at every step I took. I heard the door open and slam shut with a loud noise. I stoppped dead in the way. My heartbeat rose up steadily in fear. I could feel my blood gushing in my veins and my mouth trembling.

I was just too confused to comprehend the situation... and too scared to scream. But, I spoke no word.

Until I saw her...

Mom...

My face broke out into a smile and my fear washed away. Her shady-grey eyes gleamed and her brown hair bounced in the moonlight. She came running towards me and hugged me tightly, kneeling down to match my height. Her sweet smell of liquorice wrapped around my self.

"Mom..." I smiled into her shoulder, hugging her tighter.

But there was no response.

I heard sniffs on my shoulder and some warm liquid soaking my shirt. I pulled away from her and looked at her face.

Tears...

She was crying. My mom... was crying. I could feel my own eyes getting welled up with tears. I didnt know if I was scared... or if I was angry, looking at her cry. I never felt pain... never felt sadness, I never had to... my parents gave me all the love in the world.

"Mom.... mom... dont cry.... " I held her face in my hands. She continued crying and burried her head in her hands.

"Why... why... are you crying...,?" I felt tears stream down my cheeks amd my own voice cracking.

She looked up at me and smiled through her tears.

"Dont cry my baby.... " she smiled wiping my tears. I felt my heart was clenched.

"Look at me..." she sniffed. "We will play a game...."

Something was wrong.... something definitely was. Where is dad? Why is mom crying?

"You remember the hide and seek game me, you, dad and Lea played last week?" She smiled. Her eyes trembled and her voice cracked.

"Hmm hmm.." I nodded holding her hands tightly.

"Okay. Good boy. We will play that game. Okay?" a tear trickled down her cheeks and she sniffed again.

I wiped her tear off from my thumb.

"Okay... the rules are... firstly, no matter what, you are not allowed to make even a single sound. Secondly.. you will hide there until I come up to find you or Uncle Harris comes to find you.... " she said looking into my eyes. She pursed her lips together.

"Uncle Harris? Is Cookie's dad gonna play with us too?" I asked her. It was late and the sky was pitch black. Why would he want to play at this hour?

"Yes honey... and remember, you are not allowed to answer anybody else's voice, if it does not sound like me or Uncle Harris... okay?" She rubbed my ears with her thumb. She smiled painfully looking at me.