Bully PT. 2

A/N: Same thing as the last one shot!

Disclaimer: I don't own Merlin or it's characters.

        Nearly all the citizens of Camelot had gathered to celebrate the Lady Morgana's birthday. King Uther was holding a feast in honor of his ward, who sat next to him at the table. Arthur was on the king's other side, trying his best to pay attention to what his father was saying, but his eyes kept wandering over to the other seat next to Morgana, where Sir John and his companion sat.

Arthur clenched his jaw, forcing himself to nod when the knight met his gaze. He glanced back at where Merlin stood. The servant held a pitcher in his hands, ready to refill the prince's glass whenever he so wished. Guinevere was having a quiet conversation with him, and the two laughed at something Merlin had said.

       "-and I think that Morgana will be pleased with the offer, don't you, Arthur?" Uther' voice broke in, interrupting Arthur's thoughts.

      "Hm?" Arthur turned to his father, who had a disappointed expression on his face.

       "Were you not listening at all?"

       "No, Father, of course I was." Arthur protested. "Morgana loves surprises, I don't see how this one would be any different." Uther broke out into a smile.

       "I'm glad you approve, Arthur." The prince nodded distractedly, reaching to take a sip from his goblet. Arthur grimaced when he realized it was empty, and waved Merlin over to refill it. The manservant excused himself from his conversation with Gwen, and hurried over.

       "Enjoying the banquet so far, sire?" Merlin asked quietly.

       "Yes, Merlin, I am." Arthur replied. "So don't do anything that might mess it up, alright?" The prince waited for a sarcastic reply to return, but heard none. He glanced up at Merlin, who was staring at Sir John. The knight was laughing at something he'd said, and Morgana was doing her best to smile politely. The king's ward noticed Merlin, and her smile turned genuine. She gave him a small wave, and Merlin grinned, waving back.

       However, Sir John noticed, and was not happy. Arthur flinched when the knight gestured for Merlin to come over to him. The manservant grimaced, and started to walk over when Arthur grabbed his arm.

       "You know you don't have to, right?" The prince said, concern pacing his words. Merlin nodded, giving him a slight smile.

        Wordlessly, he walked over to the knight.

         "My friend and I would like more wine, boy." John's voice was low as he pointed to himself and his silent friend. Morgana gave Merlin a worried glance, but turned to Uther, who was standing to make an announcement,

        "We are gathered here to celebrate someone who is very dear to us all." The king began, his voice booming. "The Lady Morgana has been my ward for many years, and it is with great pride that I say she has become a fine woman." Cheers erupted as Merlin began to pour wine into the glasses of the knights. "Her joy brings me joy, and I hope that this man," Sir John stood up. "Will bring her joy as well. Sir John has asked for Morgana's hand in marriage, and I have given him my permission." There was silence, then a loud clang when Merlin dropped the pitcher he was holding, splattering wine everywhere.

        "What?!" Arthur and Morgana both bolted up from their seats as they said it.

       "Watch what you are doing, you clumsy fool!" Sir John shouted at Merlin. That was when chaos broke loose. Both Morgana and Arthur were demanding answers from an exasperated Uther, those who were know to gossip were chattering loudly amongst themselves, and Sir John was nearly screaming at Merlin.