Home PT 2

A/N: The long awaited (or not) sequel to my oneshot, Home!

Setting: Post series three.

Description: Arthur returns to Camelot, with two more people than he left with.

Disclaimer: I only own the plot!

Gwen walked briskly down the stairs into the court yard. People were saying Arthur had returned. And that worried her. He wasn't supposed to be back quite yet, and all that the maid could think about was someone getting hurt, forcing them to return early.

So when she laid eyes on the group that was riding into the city, her jaw dropped.

Merlin was riding on his horse, and next to him, a woman was on Percival's mount. He smiled at her, the expression on his face the most lovesick Gwen had ever seen. But that was impossible. The next thing she noticed was a small girl, riding on top of Percival's broad shoulders, much to Gwaine's annoyance.

   When Arthur pulled on the reins, forcing his horse to come to a halt, Gwen ran up to him, pulling him into a hug as soon as he'd dismounted. The prince returned her display of affection happily. The maid, though reluctantly, stepped back, just in time to see her brother helping Merlin off his horse. The woman rushed to his side when he let a groan, making Merlin laugh.

    "Freya, I'm fine."

     The woman- Freya, it would seem, stopped what she was doing, and glared at Merlin, her hands on her hips. "Merlin," Arthur grinned. He liked her already. "You are most definitely not 'fine'."

    "Darling-" the term of endearment did nothing to soothe her.

    "I love you Merlin, but I did not marry you just so you could get yourself killed." Gwen watched the exchange incredulously, before turning to the blond prince beside her. Arthur, taking the hint, cleared his throat, which caused the two to look over at him and Gwen.

    "Ah." Was all Merlin said. He paled considerably at the sight of Gwen's expression, but when he opened his mouth the explain, he was cut off by Gwaine's whining.

    "Merlin! Why does your daughter like Percy more than me?" The knight lamented. Percival had a massive (and smug) grin on his face, and the little girl giggled from her perch on his shoulders.

    "Uncle Percy gives me lots of rides!" She declared happily.

    "'Uncle'?!" Gwaine screeched. He folded his arms and began to pout childishly. But Gwen wasn't focused on that. At the word "daughter" her gaze had snapped to Merlin so fast, it practically gave him whiplash.

     "What was that I heard about you having a daughter?" Her tone was dangerous. Gwen took a step towards him, and he instinctively took a step back.

      "Freya?" Merlin watched with a sense of betrayal as the love of his life shook her head, her frame shaking with barely contained laughter. "Well, Gwen, you see..." The terrified manservant launched into a hasty tale of what had transpired over the past day. Gwen's eyes had widened in concern at the mention of the arrow, and she had let out a small gasp at the part where the others had found out Merlin had a wife. In Merlin's state of terror, he accidentally included the part about the magic as well, but noted- with relief- that Gwen's expression hadn't really changed. Finally, a now breathless Merlin reached the end of his rambling, leaving a slightly bewildered Gwen.

    There was a moment of tense silence before she spoke.

    "How could you not tell me?" Gwen exploded, throwing her hands up in the air.