Day Two of Christmas

A/N: More tooth rotting fluff!

Merlin worked silently in Gaius's chambers, his normally cheery manner no where to be found. The snow fell softly outside, yet another reminder of the holiday season that Merlin wouldn't get to partake in.

Gaius and Arthur had both loaded so much work on him, that Merlin wasn't even able to go see his mother like he had planned. A small part of Merlin wanted to simply use his magic to finish up his chores, but his mother's voice berated him for even thinking that. It would be too suspicious, even for someone as oblivious as Arthur.

"Merlin!" The silence was broken by Gwaine bursting through the door, with Percival coming in just behind him.

"Hm." Merlin didn't even bother putting his work down to greet them.

"Arthur wants you. He says it's urgent." Merlin grit his teeth, forcing down the irritation.

"Gwaine, you can tell Arthur that he can shove his urgent matter up his-" Merlin cut himself off. So much for not being irritated. "I'm busy."

Gwaine sighed. "I didn't want to have to do this." The grin on his face said otherwise. "Percy?" The large knight swallowed the urge to smile, approaching the tired manservant.

"Sorry about this, Merlin."

"Sorry about wha- PERCIVAL!" Merlin was flung over the knight's shoulder like a sack of potatoes. "GWAINE! Tell him to put me down!"

"No can do, mate. King's orders." The manservant huffed, resigned to his fate.

As Percival paraded him down the halls with Gwaine trailing behind, Merlin felt his face redden as they passed both servants and nobles alike. It was too long before they reached the throne room, where Percival finally set Merlin down. With a glare, Merlin shoved open the doors.

"What do you want, you prat-"

"Surprise!"

Merlin stopped short at the chorus of voices, staring at the group in front of him. Arthur, Gwen, and the remaining knights of the Round Table stood there, and in the middle of them, his mother.

Merlin rushed forward to hug her, the smile in his face erasing any signs of his earlier irritation.

Until a familiar voice spoke up from behind him.

"Arthur, Merlin said that you can take your urgent matter and shove it up your-"

"GWAINE!"