Day Fifteen of Christmas

A/N: Short, and not great, but it's fluffy!

Gwaine grumbled as he swung his sword at the training dummy, his strikes sloppy and unrefined.

"You could at least try to hit it." Leon interrupted the other knight. Gwaine shot a glare at him, before turning back to the dummy, and stabbing it straight through the chest.

"I don't need to try, mate," Gwaine stated, leaving his sword impaled through the straw chest. "I'm already flawless."

"You sure about that?" Percival muttered.

Gwaine ignored him. "So, why does the princess get to sit inside where it's all cozy?"

"Arthur told us to train, so we train. He'll come when he's ready."

"So you keep saying, Elyan, but I have yet to see his royal pain in the rear on the training field." Gwaine replied, kicking at the ground.

Elyan opened his mouth to respond, but was cut off by Leon.

"There's Merlin! He'll know where Arthur is." The servant jogged up to them, his ears and cheeks bright red from the cold.

"Merlin, mate!" Gwaine said cheerfully, throwing his arm around Merlin's shoulders. "Finally, someone I can get along with!"

Merlin laughed as he dodged his way out of the knight's grasp. "I just came down here to deliver a message from Arthur."

"Is the lazy prat finally coming to join us?"

"No, Gwaine." The knight let out a dramatic groan. "But, he did ask me to tell to take the day off."

"Wait, really?" Percival sounded more excited than Gwaine looked, and that was saying something.

Merlin grinned, nodding. "Really."

Gwaine let out a whoop of joy. "Last one to the tavern buys the first round!" Before the others had time to to process what he said, Gwaine took off at full sprint, leaving the others in his dust. After a moment of stunned silence, Elyan and Percival ran after him, massive grins on their faces.

"You coming?" Merlin turned to Leon, who was waiting expectantly.

He grinned. "I'm just giving them a head start." Leon shrugged, before running after the others, who were quickly fading in the distance.

With a sigh, Merlin glanced up at Arthur's bedroom window.

The king had actually wanted Merlin to tell the knights to continue their training as usual, while he stayed indoors to finish some important paperwork.

But what Arthur doesn't know won't hurt him.