Swap

A/N: This will serve as crack I guess.

Setting: Anytime after Gwen/Arthur get married.

Description: An inexperienced sorcerer attacks Arthur, but messes up the spell. This creates some.... problems.

Disclaimer: I don't own Merlin or it's characters.

       Merlin groaned, rolling over in bed. He stiffened when he realized there was someone next to him. Merlin leapt out of bed in his confusion, before whipping back the covers to reveal...

       "Gwen?" The queen moaned, rolling over to face Merlin. She peaked an eye open, giving the person before her a smile.

"Good morning, Arthur." Gwen said, yawning. She peered up at Merlin, furrowing her brow. "Arthur? Is everything alright?" Merlin was panting heavily as he ran towards the mirror. He stared at his reflection, only to find that it wasn't his reflection. The king of Camelot was looking back at Merlin, who was beginning to panic. Gwen came up from behind him, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Arthur?" Merlin whirled around, his brain in overdrive.

If he was in Arthur's body, then where was Arthur's mind?

➿➿➿➿➿

Arthur shifted in his bed uncomfortably.

       When did his mattress get so hard?

       The king rolled over, searching for his beloved Guinevere. When the queen was no where to be found, that was when Arthur panicked. He moved to get out of bed, his legs tangled in the covers. This caused the king of Camelot to fall to the wood floor with a thump, followed by a loud string of curses. Arthur ran towards the door to leave wherever he was. The room was vaguely familiar, but the king didn't have time to dwell on that. He rushed out of the room, nearly plowing over Gaius.

        "Gaius?" Arthur's hands flew to his mouth when the voice he spoke with wasn't his own.

        "Merlin?" The physician raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Merlin, what is wrong with you?"

       "What do you mean, 'Merlin'?" Arthur asked. "I'm not Mer-" The king caught sight of his own reflection in a nearby goblet. A dark haired boy stared back at him.

        Arthur fainted.

➿➿➿➿➿

       Gwen and Merlin rushed into Gaius's chambers. After a few frantic moments of Merlin doing his best to explain that he wasn't Arthur, the two had taken a wild guess as to where the real Arthur might be. Merlin prayed silently that he was wrong.

       He wasn't.

       An unconscious "Merlin" was on the floor, with a worried Gaius checking over him. Gaius straightened up when he noticed "Arthur" and Gwen hurry in.

       "Sire, My Lady." He acknowledged. "I'm afraid Merlin won't be coming to work today, he- uh-"

        "Gaius, I am Merlin." Gaius opened his mouth, as if to say something, but was too confused to. Arthur-in-Merlin's-body sat up groaning. His expression lit up when he saw Gwen. (A/N from now on when I say "Merlin" it means Merlin in Arthur's body; and when I saw "Arthur" it means Arthur in Merlin's body unless I specify otherwise.)