Day Eleven of Christmas

A/N: ok this one is nicer I promise!
Also, I'll try to post some Freylin ones soon!

Merlin hummed to himself quietly, placing a plate on the table as soft sunlight streamed through the stain glass windows of the throne room. It was a peaceful afternoon.

"Take that back!"

Mostly.

"Never!" Gwaine's ever gleeful voice responded to Arthur's demand. Merlin turned around to see the two arguing again, and at this point, he didn't even know what is was about. To Merlin's relief, Leon stepped in between them.

"This is about Guinevere, gentlemen." Leon spoke with authority. "Don't you both want to repay her for all she's done?" They both nodded reluctantly. "Good." Both the king and knight walked over to Merlin, taking the decorations he held out.

The group had spent all afternoon decorating the throne room while Elyan and Percival took her out for a ride in the fresh snow.

Merlin had organized this, and the others had eagerly agreed. They all knew who left the preciously wrapped gifts in their chambers every year. Despite never directly confronting her about it, they always awaited a chance to repay their queen and their friend.

"Done!" Merlin declared, examining the large room. While Arthur and Gwaine's arguing had set them back, Merlin had still managed to finish in time, and without even using magic.

"Well done, Merlin." Leon said, clapping him on the back. "Gwen will love it."

"Speaking of her majesty." Gwaine muttered. He pointed out the window to the courtyard where Gwen was arriving.

"Why do you address Guinevere properly but not me?" Arthur asked.

Gwaine grinned. "I always call you by your title, princess." Arthur growled, launching himself at the knight. Gwaine was tackled to the ground, and the two rolled around as Leon and Merlin gave each other an exasperated look.

Suddenly, Merlin's eyes widened.

"NOT THE TABLE-" there was a loud crash. Arthur had pushed Gwaine so far, that with their combined momentum, they had knocked the table that Merlin had just set on its side, along with all the items on top of it.

It was at that moment that Gwen walked in.

She stared in surprise for a moment, filling the room with awkward silence. Then, she threw her head back and laughed loudly and clearly. After a second, the others couldn't help but join her, arguments forgotten.

For the rest of the day, they were just friends, enjoying each other's company.