Day Four of Christmas

A/N: I don't know how I'm managing to do this much fluff but look at me go.

Princess Ygraine sighed as she stared at the window, tracing the rain drops with her finger. Despite being used to such gloomy and wet weather, she still found herself wishing for snow during these months.

"What are you doing?" Ygraine nearly jumped at the sudden interruption, before turning to face her twin brother, Prince Thomas.

"Nothing." She muttered. "Now go away. Why don't you bother Gwaine? He's always willing to put up with you." Thomas grinned. The eleven year old grabbed his sister's hands, pulling her up.

"Uncle Merlin has a surprise for us!" He said excitedly. "He said to meet him in the courtyard." Ygraine raised an eyebrow, skeptical. It wouldn't be the first time her brother had tried to trick her. Her father blamed Gwaine for his mischievous nature, but Ygraine knew that a good part was Merlin's influence. She gave one more glance at her window, before finally caving to her own curiosity.

Even one of her brother's tricks would be more entertaining than this. Her brother laughed as he pulled her along, and she couldn't help but grin as they made their way to the courtyard.

When they reached the outside, Ygraine was happy to see her Uncle Merlin standing outside. He motioned for them to come toward him, and the twins gladly complied.

He crouched so he could be at their level. "Do you want to see something special?" Merlin whispered. The twins nodded and Merlin straightened, before staring up at the sky. His eyes flashed a bright gold, and the royal children eagerly awaited whatever their uncle was planning.

Suddenly, something cold landed on Ygraine's nose. She blinked, holding her hand out. A snowflake landed in it, then another, and another, and before she knew what was happening, fluffy white snow was falling all around them.

The twins laughed, bouncing up and down in excitement. Merlin chucked to himself as the two ran around the courtyard, catching large snowflakes in their hands and on their tongues. The warlock looked up at the castle to see both Arthur and Gwen smiling in the window, and he gave them a small wave.

Being court sorcerer definitely had its benefits.