Rant by Yours Truly

A/N: My take on series five as a whole.
And listen, I know a rant normally has no place in a one shot collection but I wrote this a while ago and I went back and read it and it's humorous enough to share

Setting: Late at night in my bed so suffer with this.

Description: Yous about to find out just why I despise BBC writers.

Disclaimer: haha I only own my own spite that fuels me.

Ok, so buckle up mah peeps! You're about to go on the wildest ride of your life! To be honest, I don't even know where to start with this. There are so many things I could say...

1) Let's start with how much Merlin has changed.
(And Merlin in general)

So, I understand that Merlin had to become the protector he was always meant to be and all that bull, but seriously? Merlin became all gritty and dark and in some ways I don't mind it and I understand (in an odd way) that it's needed for character development but COME ON. YOU COULDNT LET MAH BOI HAVE SOME HAPPINESS?! He was always sad and brooding- heck, he was the medieval Batman! He became so focused on Arthur that everything else faded away. (I mean, seriously, Merlin, I know you want to protect Arthur, but you can't just set them on fire if they sneeze on him.) But, yeah, he had a complete one track mind. He even gave up the chance to restore magic in order to make Mordred die. When I watched that part, I made the sound of a dying (and frustrated) walrus. Merlin became so desperate to save Arthur, that he ended up causing the chain of events that killed him. He became so focused on Arthur and Arthur alone, that he all but abandoned his other friendships. Even with Gwen! His first frickin friend for frick's sake. (And that's partly because of Gwen too [don't think you're getting out of this sweetheart :) ] but see paragraph 4 for more) So, yeah, Merlin deserved so much more. Especially considering he lost so FRICKIN MUCH NO IM NOT BITTER SHUT UP.

So this concludes the "Merlin paragraph."

Coming up next: Morgana and her lack of hairbrushes (and character growth) But first, a word from out sponsors.

The snack the smiles back.
Goldfish.

And now, we return to our previously scheduled poorly written rant.

2) Morgana and her lack of hairbrushes (and character growth)

Actually, I'm not too mad with how she turned out, I just came up with this title and I had to share it. I mean, yeah it's kinda sad she became evil, but that happened way before series five. But seriously, we deserved getting to watch Morgana learning about Merlin's true identity and her reaction to it. That is all thank you.

Next up: My thoughts on Aithusa.

3) Aithusa.

That dragon was my child, BBC writers. My. Child. And you went and did unspeakable things to that baby! So you know what?! I'm gonna-

The following four thousand word rant has been censored due to its extremely violent and colorful language. Please enjoy this message from another one of our sponsors.

Hotel?
Trivago.

It seems that the rant has finally ended. Thank you for your patience.

-and then I'll SHOVE IT UP YOUR-

We were wrong. Apologies.

-and that is why Aithusa, the dragon who supposedly was meant to bode well for Camelot, the precious baby who DID NOT DESERVE TO BE MAIMED AND DEFORMED, is one of the many, many things wrong with series five.