Lamia AU

A/N: I like writing alternate endings that give me angst cause I have problems.

Setting: During the episode Lamia (4x08)

Description: The knights get a little more brutal when they attack Merlin.

Disclaimer: Guys I don't own Merlin ok

         Leon shoved Merlin to the ground, drawing his sword.

         "Leon, wait!" Gwen cried out, but Leon was already swinging. Merlin bit back a cry of pain when the sword dragged across his stomach, creating a large gash. Crimson instantly began to stain his shirt. Leon staggered back, staring at the wounded servant, his expression confused for a moment,

          But only for a moment, then it hardened into hatred.

          "That's what you get." Gwaine sneered at Merlin, who was currently gasping for air. The manservant struggled to get off the ground while Gwen watched helplessly. She was busy supporting the weight of her unconscious brother. Percival moved forward to shove Merlin again, and Gwen had had enough.

           "Please! Elyan needs help!" She pleaded, and the knight faltered. Percival moved towards Merlin as if he was going to hit him, and Merlin flinched, making the knights snicker mockingly. Percival and Leon moved to take Elyan away from Gwen, and she hid her wince as they moved closer to her.

          As soon as she was free from her brother's weight, she kneeled next to Merlin.

          "Are you alright?" She whispered, checking his wound. Merlin gave a dry chuckle, pushing her hands away.

           "Just perfect." He muttered in reply. Gwen smiled despite herself, and helped him off the ground. Merlin groaned as he stood, pressing a hand to his wound. Somehow, Gwen managed to support Merlin as they followed the enchanted knights through the castle.

          Finally, they stopped, and Elyan was carefully laid against a wall. Merlin hissed in pain as Gwen gently helped him sit down next to her brother, and she murmured her apologies.

          "We need to find Lamia." Leon spoke up, worry flashing across his face. Percival nodded in agreement.

           "You can't just leave us here alone!" Gwen protested, gesturing to herself, Elyan, and Merlin. Leon rolled his eyes, in a very not-Leon way.

           "Gwaine, stay with them, will you?" Gwaine nodded, leaning against the wall as Percival and Leon walked off. Once the two knights were gone, Gwen turned to Merlin and his injury. She winced when she noticed all the blood, and Merlin grasped her forearm reassuringly.

            "I'll be alright, Gwen." She nodded, giving him a tight lipped smile.

             "We need to stop the bleeding." Gwen whispered, mostly to herself. Glancing around for something to use as a bandage, her eyes landed on the hem of her skirt,

             "Gwen, you don't need to do-" there was a loud rip as she tore at the bottom of her dress, turning it into strips. "-that." Merlin finished with a sigh.

            "He's right you know." Gwaine said coldly. He gestured to the strips of cloth Gwen was now pressing up against Merlin's wound. "He doesn't deserve it." Merlin visibly winced, whether from pain or the harsh words, Gwen couldn't tell.

              "We need firewood." Gwen spoke up in an attempt to get the knight to leave. Gwaine glared at her. "Elyan needs the warmth." The knight shrugged, and turned to leave.

             "Stay here." He commanded. Gwen and Merlin nodded to appease him, and Gwaine left.

            "Not like we could leave anyway." Gwen muttered, making Merlin laugh. But the pain that shot through him made Merlin's somber expression return, and he began to force himself to his feet. "What are you doing?!" Gwen hissed.

            "We have to help them."

➿➿Normal fight with the Lamia, cause I'm lazy. Fast forward to when they're leaving the castle place➿➿

        Merlin's injury had been forgotten by everyone as they left the lair of the Lamia. Merlin, because of the adrenaline, had even forgotten about it, or at least pushed it aside.

Gwen suddenly gasped, making all the knights whirl around in fear. They assumed the monster had come back. They wished it had.

Merlin had his hand pressed up against his stomach, which had begun to bleed through Gwen's makeshift bandages. He gasped for air for a moment, before collapsing to the ground with a horrid thud.

Gwen was the first to reach him, and she rolled him into his back so she could see his injury clearly. Arthur was the next, kneeling at his manservant's side.

"Did the Lamia do this?" He demanded, looking back at his knights. The men all looked sick with guilt.

"No, Sire." Leon stepped forward. "It was me." He refused to look at Merlin's limp form, and swallowed the growing lump in his throat.

"The Lamia had us under her spell." Gwaine said, anger creeping into his tone. "I wish it was still alive so I could run it through." Percival nodded in agreement, an unconscious Elyan still in his grasp.

"There's no time for blame." Arthur spoke in a steady voice, but his expression remained concerned. "We need to get Merlin and Elyan to Gaius." Carefully, Arthur gathered Merlin's body in arms, and the men made their way back to Camelot.

➿➿➿➿➿

Arthur leaned against the wall, watching as Leon paced nervously. Gwaine was holding an apple in his hands, but worry destroyed his appetite, so he simply stared at it. Percival was also leaning against the wall, in a similar manner to Arthur.

"Leon, pacing isn't going to make Gaius go any faster." Arthur commented, and the knight looked up guiltily. He muttered an apology, before resuming his pacing, much to Arthur's irritation.

The men had been waiting for news on Elyan and Merlin ever since they had returned to Camelot. Gaius and Gwen were busy behind closed doors, working to help the two injured men.

All the knights looked up hopefully when Gwen opened the door, but felt their hopes plummet when they noticed the tears in her eyes.

"Elyan?" Arthur asked, placing his hands on her arms in a comforting manner. "Is he alright?"

"Elyan is fine. He's awake, and Gaius is forcing him to stay in bed." There were a few half hearted smiles at the words.

"So Merlin, then?" Leon was the one to speak this time. The look on Gwen's face struck fear in the men.

"Is he alright?" Percival demanded, and Gwaine was trying to get through the door. Arthur pulled Gwaine back, and turned to Gwen for answers.

"He's lost a lot of blood. The sword wound wasn't his only injury. Gaius said he took several severe blows." It was Percival's turn to look guilty. Though- as they would later find out- it was the Lamia's blows that were the worst. But that didn't change the fact that Percival had hurt Merlin, they all had. "Gaius... Gaius doesn't know when Merlin will wake up." Gwen let a soft sob escape her lips, and that strengthened Gwaine's resolve.

He pushed past Arthur and Gwen, bursting into the physician's chambers. Gaius was tending to Merlin, while busily telling Elyan to stay in bed.

Gaius opened his mouth to protest when the knights, Arthur, and finally Gwen streamed into the room, but thought better of it. They all surrounded Merlin's cot, wincing at the sound of his ragged breathing. Apologies would be made as soon as Merlin came to.

Merlin would wake up.

And they would be there for him when he did.

Anyways I got lazy at the end so it yeah it got a little worse.