1. Wait

(Edited but might be changed somewhat if I think it needs it)

            I've never been like ordinary people, I live in the shadows of the night concealing my true self by day. I've never known normal, my normal is most of the population of my town being werewolves, myself included. I haven't shifted into my wolf yet. Only getting my wolf in mind at twelve but in body at eighteen. It's all I've ever known fully from a young age. It's a gift to be blessed with a wolf, to have something inside of you with such great power and strength. At least that's what my father told me when I was nine. My two older brothers have shifted already, two years ago to be exact. The shift from what I seen looks painful, my brothers described it as the most painful feeling you could ever possibly experience, but in the end it's worth it. Being able to finally connect with your wolf, and feel it fully combined with you is exhilarating. Getting closer to my birthday I feel my wolf getting antsy knowing her full awakening is coming up. I run through the woods in the early hours of the morning waving to fellow pack members as they change out patrol shifts. Following along the invisible treaty line I run to the beat of the music playing in my ears. Step by step I run, dodging the occasional rock and fallen tree until I run up my steps to my front door. Grabbing the spare key from the dirt in the potted plant I unlock my front door softly before shutting it behind me.

Dropping the key on the table I open my fridge grabbing a water bottle before I swallow down the cold tasteless liquid with a sigh. Closing the fridge I grab a protein bar and take the stairs up to the second floor to my room. Opening my bedroom door I take out my headphones the music drowning out as the silence of the night falls in. Cutting on my light my eyes squeeze shut to adjust to the light. Taking off my running clothes consisting of all black I head for the shower after dropping them in my dirty clothes hamper.

Starting the shower I wait for it to get warm before I close the glass sliding door. Quickly bathing I step out, wrapping a towel around myself before I begin to dry off. Swiping away the steam from the foggy mirror I stare back at my blurry reflection. With a sigh I walk out into my room getting a cold chill before I quickly dress in warm clothes. My jeans and thin sweater help warm me up while I begin to comb my hair before drying it. After ten minutes into drying I hear footfalls belonging to my two older brothers while the knock before I allow them entry into my room.

"Amelia sweetheart we love you but it's 5:30 in the morning." Nathan says pointing to my bedside clock that reads now 5:31 in bright red. Looking back to Nathan my eyes fall on Teagan who rubs the sleep from his eyes with a yawn before smiling at me. "Yeah sis we love you but we had patrol for the past seventy two hours with barely any sleep." He says while I set down my blow dryer with a small apology. "It's okay guys I've finished luckily before you came in." I say to them while they nod saying a goodbye before closing my door. Looking back in my mirror I brush through my hair before deciding to french braid it completely. Standing up I grab my phone and check it for any notifications. Seeing nothing but the time I set my phone face down before I begin to do my makeup.

After finishing I see it's 6:00 and head downstairs to make breakfast for myself and my brothers. Making pancakes and bacon I hear my brothers coming downstairs with big yawns on their faces before sitting down at the kitchen table. Handing them plates filled with pancakes and bacon they thank me while they dig into the breakfast before them. Sitting across from Nathan and next to Teagan we eat in silence before I hear my dad coming down the stairs. "Good morning my little wolves." He says while he sits at the table. I smile and stand up handing him his breakfast before he thanks me as well. We eat in silence still until my father lifts his hand stopping us from our breakfast. "I leave today to go with the Alpha to pick up his son from his training school in Canada. I'll be gone for a couple days but should be back before your birthday Amelia." My dad says while I smile and nod to him before my phone dings from the island behind us. "Well that's my cue." I say turning off my alarm to leave the house. "Bye dad !" I shout before I leave the house to start my day.