10. Dark Heart

⚠️ caution the following includes thoughts of suicide and suicidal actions read further at your own risk⚠️

        Running faster and faster I run to avoid the inevitable. He will reject me for sure, I'm no match for him. "He is our perfect match Amelia." My wolf says while I stop shaking my head. "No this can't work I should be dead, I shouldn't be alive." I shouldn't be alive after the attack that killed me. Running up to a cliff I stop. Shifting back I stand there looking up to the night sky. "Why !!" I scream up to the heavens. "Why me ?!" I scream again. "Why am I alive again ?!" I shout before I just scream. Sinking to my knees my wolf whines in my head causing me to cover my ears before I stand. "I'm sorry." I say before I look up to the sky one last time before I let myself fall forward.

Hitting the rocks I gasp in pain screaming when my bones break and my heart races. I keep falling before I stop. Looking over I stop feeling the pain in my neck. It's broken, and I stop just turning my eyes to look over. I'm on a ledge. My eyes begin to grow dark, feeling my blood leave my body from all the gashes. My leg is bent at an odd angle with my bone sticking out. I close my eyes, just softly breathing when I cry out in pain. My lungs hurt I can't breathe. Coughing blood splatters against my mouth and face. Choking on my blood I cry looking at the stars before my world grows dark.

-Nathan

Running I catch the scent of my sister and blood. Running in that direction I tell my brother and Jackson my location. Running faster I come to a clearing and stop. Sniffing the air I look down and my fast beating heart stops before my wolf whines in pain and I scream in my head. Shifting back I grab my gym shorts slipping them on before I hurry down the side of the cliff. Hearing my brother screaming into the link I slip before I catch myself. He shifts back as well climbing down with me. "Amelia !" I scream crying seeing the state she's in. Her chest is sunken in, her leg is broken, gashes cover her body. "Amelia what did you do ? What did you do ?!" I scream to her picking her body up holding her to me. "Help me get her up the cliff." I scream to Teagan who stands there in shock. "C'mon Teagan help me !!" I scream while he helps carry my sister back up. Getting her back up lay her down and check her pulse. Feeling nothing I sigh before closing my eyes. Tears fall and I fall back on to my butt. Feeling another presence I look up to see Jackson in wolf form looking at me then down to my sister. He shifts back and puts on his pair of jeans.

"What happened to her ?" He questions while I look from him to Teagan. "She killed herself." I say before I don't bother to move her. "We were told that she would do this, coming back to life changes you." I say before I look down in wonder seeing her chest fill back up before popping back into place. The bone in her leg shifts back into place healing. We hear the bones in her body mending themselves. The gashes close up and her body heals before our eyes.

Her eyes open wide and she sits up gasping for air. Looking around she spots Teagan and I looking at her. "What happened ?" She asks before she notices she's naked. Covering herself she looks away from us up to Jackson. His eyes shift and he growls before sinking down to his knees. "Why would you kill your self ?!" He shouts causing her to sink back in fear. "It's none of your business." She whispers before she stands up on shaking legs before she takes a breath. "I am your alpha and your mate tell me !" He shouts again while her tears fall and she bites her lip before sniffling. "You !!! You're the reason !!" She screams before she turns and shifts quickly running back into the trees. "Way to go Jackson you scared her off." Teagan says while Jackson angrily looks to him. "And I'll be the one to get her back." He says before he shifts ripping up his jeans to run after her.

"Should we follow ?" Teagan asks while I nod. "Yeah we follow." I reply before we shift following after them both.