4. Attacked

Coming home I grab my things from the car and head inside. Opening my front door I'm welcomed with silence. Looking around I call out for my brothers getting no reply back. Shrugging I close the door and head upstairs heaving all of my stuff upstairs to my bedroom. Kicking my bedroom door open I set all my stuff by my door before decide on a hike/run to ease my mind that's racing with the thoughts of turning eighteen and finding my mate. Changing into some clean clothes, I lace up my shoes before heading downstairs. Grabbing a water bottle from the fridge I head to the door. Shutting the door behind me I walked into the woods, on the trail I usually take. Birds can be heard singing and flying about in the trees. Rabbits run around chasing each other. Deers look up at me before nestling back into the grass eating their dinner. I smile at a baby deer who is still looking at me before I hear a branch snap. This causes all the animals to scurry away in fear of the unknown source. Turning around I sense nothing and turn back down the trail. Suddenly goosebumps rise on my skin, my hair stands on end and my wolf spins in circles in my head before growling. Turning back into the darkness of the woods I try to look deeply in but curse myself for not having all of my complete wolf abilities. Before my eyes fall onto glowing eyes. Hearing a growl I grow fearful and run towards the beginning of the trail. I don't look back because every girl in any horror movie looks back, then she trips and falls only to murdered by the axe man in the woods. I won't be this girl, I push my legs harder to run faster but I know it won't last long. Just barely making it to the opening of the tree line I feel a heavy force fall on me knocking me down. Turning around I try to fight off the wolf who is attacking me. Kicking it in the face it whines before looking at me with a growl. "Oh shit !" I scream trying to stand up before the wolf bites down harshly on my ankle. Screaming loudly birds take off in a frenzied fear. I scream again when the wolf bites down again. Screaming into the mind link I hear hurried voices passing quickly through my mind. Asking where I'm at ? What's going on ? To my brothers both screaming at me to tell them where I'm at.

I scream out loud again when the wolf begins to drag me back into the woods. "I'm on the trail I always run, a rogue has me by the ankle, please hurry !" I scream to my brothers before I gasp in pain before screaming in agony as I feel my ankle break. I begin to see Black my body wanting to shut down from all the pain but I keep my eyes open. I have to keep my eyes open, taking a chance I use my other foot to kick the wolf in the face as harshly as I can. It gets knocked back a couple feet before it looks up at me. Slowly walking up to me it begins to circle me, before lashing out at me digging its teeth into my stomach. Screaming in pain, tears pool my eyes before falling down the sides of my face into my hair. My eyes grow blurry, feeling myself slipping away. I can't die like this before my eighteenth birthday, I'm not supposed to be here in this position I'm in now. Hearing a growl my subconscious tries to hold on as I watch blurry figures fighting off the rogue that attacked me. My head falls to the side blinking I try to stay awake. Hearing my brothers screaming at me to stay awake as one of them picks me up. Running to the tree line I scream in pain feeling my wounds tug against each other. "Nathan stop she can't take any more pain right now." Teagan screams at him before Nathan stops before speed walking. "I'm sorry Amelia that we couldn't be there sooner." Teagan says before Nathan says "fuck it." And begins to run with me in his arms. "Amelia stay awake !" Nathan screams at me while I fight the darkened haze taking over my eyes. "We're almost there Amelia okay !" Teagan shouts before I hear doors slammed open and shouts about me. Feeling myself get laid down on a bed my body begins to shiver. "She's going into shock." I hear a doctor shout before I feel my body shutting down.

"Amelia ?!" Teagan questions his sister while the pack doctors urge them out of the room. "Amelia wake up !" Nathan shouts fearing for his sisters life. "We can't help her if you are here let us do our job please." A pack nurse says while we silently fall into the hall of the small hospital on our lands. "She's going into cardiac arrest !" "Charge to 200 !" "No pulse !"

Teagan and I look at each other before he holds onto me crying as we listen to the doctors trying to revive our sister.
"Charge 200 !" "No pulse."

Teagan grabs on to me harder while we sink to the floor. "C'mon Amelia!" A pack doctor shouts before they charge to 300. "We got a pulse !" Someone shouts and Teagan and I hug harder before looking up to her room. "We need to get her to surgery to repair her ankle." A doctor says to us causing us to stand. We watch Amelia get taken down the hall. Seeing her like that, has my heart racing, anger setting in at the rogue who is now dead because of it, she is in the shape she's in.

"Nathan I suggest you call your dad, she's stable now but she is still in critical condition. The saliva in a rogues mouth is filled with harmful bacteria that can make your sister sick." Doctor Morris says while I nod. Turning to the office desk Nancy smiles sadly at me handing me the phone I dial dads phone.

"This is Jonathan speaking." My dad says before I close my eyes and take a breath.
"Dad." I say to him while my dad says my name into the phone. "Dad Amelia." sniffling my dad begins to ask a bunch of questions about his only daughter. "Dad Amelia has been attacked by rogues we lost her once, but the doctors got her back. She's stable but she's in surgery now." I say before my dad says he's on his way before hanging up. "All we can do now is wait." I tell Teagan before we sit in the chairs in the waiting room. "I hope she's going to be okay." Teagan says looking up to the ceiling. "Me too bud, me too."