25. Rogue

Amelia had always wanted to see the world but not like this. Looking at the witches surrounding her staring her down she can't help but to feel a little self conscious. "Nothing absolutely nothing." One says causing her heart to pound inside her chest. "The spell on her is strong but we can try and change it somehow." Another says pulling away a shard of purple glass from her right eye. "Sweetheart we know you're scared and unsure of us but let us try at least." The woman says smiling at her. "What about the baby inside of her ? Won't it kill it if we decide to try and kill the beast within ?" A teen witch pipes in standing up fully from her laid back position. "It's scary what she's going through she's risen from the dead how ? I don't know ? A necromancer or she was meant to die and be reanimated." The teen witch says before sticking out her hand. "Joselyn Winselet fifth descendant of Esmerelda Winselet from the old colony." She says while Amelia shakes her hand. "How old are you ?" Amelia questions while Joselyn smiles. "Two hundred and seventeen years old. My coven ages slower because of our deity we worship. Long story." My eyes widen while she smirks at me before stepping back into her original place. "We can create a lock box prison to hold it."

"What if it doesn't hold and it escapes to latch onto her soul again ? What then ? What if we do this and it just unleashes the beast without accomplishing anything ? Either way it can be a lose lose situation is she ready for that ?" The head witch asks before looking towards me. "It's worth a shot."

"We have binding spells open all over the forest to keep you in so we can take you down if needed." Josephine says softly while she smiles up at me. She reminds me of my mom causing me to smile softly before nodding my head while tears fill my eyes. "I didn't know this would happen to me, that I would be the vessel to something so evil. I don't understand how faeries can hold such grudges but I had nothing to do with what happened all those years ago. And that I'm paying for it now. Soon to be you all if it doesn't work." She says while Josephine covers her in a paste to weaken her wolf and the beast hopefully deep inside her subconscious. "All we can do now is try sweetheart. We know the risks we're taking and we're ready to make the sacrifice....,are you ?" She says before stepping back smiling softly and turning to leave the circle of salt and herbs trapping her inside. Raising her hand softly to the invisible force field her hand vibrates a little before shocking her hand. Her hand pulls back quickly while she hisses. "Yeah definitely stuck in here. "Okay Amelia we are going to begin soon when the moon is at the highest in the sky. It's a crescent moon tonight but that will play in our favor." Rose says while they light more torches and I hear them chanting in Latin lighting a huge bonfire. "Burning the indigo and wolvesbane will create a smoke we waft into the forest like a fog, so it will slow you down even more if this doesn't work. Then we zap you with a stunning spell to stop you completely and reel in the beast hopefully to be locked away and we win and you can go back to a normal life." Joselyn says while I sit down on the leafy earth with a sigh. Touching my belly I smile and lay back while I look over to Joselyn. "It's okay the moon shouldn't be high enough for another two hours take a nap." She says while I smile standing up and striking down until I'm nude. "I'll sleep better in wolf form." I say before transforming and laying down on my side on the earth and close my eyes. My eyes open suddenly when I feel an immense pain in my head. The witches surround me chanting towards me in Latin while I growl at them. "She's in pain." Tani says reading her thoughts. "We keep going." Joselyn says before resuming her chanting. Tani looks back at Amelia before chanting in Latin again as well. Her wolf whines before I feel pain in my stomach. Howling in pain I scratch at my stomach while whining. Blood seeps out and I hear Josephine yelling for me to stop while Luca comes into the circle to be trapped with me. "Stop that's enough it's not going to work !" Luca shouts but the witches don't stop. "We can't stop now when the baby is so close to being dead. The beast will have an excuse to awaken then when it's not in total control we kill it completely." Rose says while Josephine, Joselyn, Tani, and some others look at the leader with horror. "That wasn't the plan Rose, we save the girl and her child but kill the beast." Josephine screams worried for the girl. "Can you imagine the power we could possess the territory we could claim besides being held in Salem!!" Rose screams continuing to chant faster in Latin while the other witches stop and look at the leader. "We can do things differently but not like this." Joselyn says before she flicks her wrist sending Rose back into rocks killing her. "Now counter act the spell before it's too late!" Joselyn screams while they work to hopefully undo what's been done and save the girl and her child. Lowering the field the women check her over and sigh in relief in happiness when Tani can hear both heartbeats of the mom and child. "We did it she is safe now she must rest and recover and now must dispose of the traitor." Roselyn says while they get to work to finish and get everything back in order.

Amelia feels the pull of her friend trying to communicate and get through to her. Even Jackson tries and she just tunes them out before closing her eyes. Her dad yells in her mind along with her brothers for her to come home. She starts to cry more and close her eyes in sadness. More tears fall when she allows her mind and soul to cut her ties to her pack, family, friends, and ex-mate. Now she is a rogue with no where to go but fight now she is determined to save herself and her people from the beast within her. She won't let the faerie queen win. With everything in her being she will succeed she has to. Because no werewolf is safe from her if everything falls to ruin.