5. Back from the dead

No one really knows why Amelia was chosen by the rogue to be attacked. The deceased male rouge found torn up by her brothers still left on the trail. Her brothers pace the halls waiting for their sister to get out of surgery. It's been four hours or so, maybe longer the clock ticking away leaving their minds to wonder, losing track of time after the fourth hour. Nurses pace the halls leading back into the OR room to assist with their sister. The light over the room shuts off and the doctor walks out five minutes after the light cuts off.

Walking up to the brothers the doctor sighs looking at the two young men before him. "I'm sorry but we lost her, she had internal bleeding we couldn't get to in time, the bacteria in her body was stronger more potent, then what we usually see. I'm sorry for your loss." The doctor says before walking away with a heavy heart. Losing a patient he's known for almost eighteen years is hard on him. Her father will be devastated with the news. Her brothers will never be the same ever again. Her friends lost someone who could've been great.

News spreads fast of the lost of their pack mate. The pack warriors set up tighter barriers with patrols. The children don't go out after dusk, living with the fear they could be next. The Alpha holds a memorial for the fallen pack mate. Amelia's father lays his only daughter to rest. Days past after her burial, down below the earth, Amelia heals her chest begins to rise and fall before she gasps awake. Scratching against the casket, she forces it open. Getting a mouthful of dirt she closes her eyes, digging herself out of the dirt before her hand breaks through the earth. Pulling herself out she wheezes, coughing on dirt and taking in much needed air. Laying on her back she looks up at the night sky before she sits up. Her hair is covered in mud, the clothes she was put in muddy. She stands up on wobbly legs walking to the exit of the family cemetery. Looking back she she's where she was buried next to her late mother causing her to tear up. What happened to me. Walking down the dark street she stumbles a bit before seeing a neighbor taking out his trash. "Matt ?" She wheezes out causing him to stop and turn around. "Help me." She says before feeling her body breaking down with a scream from him. Feeling herself get picked up she opens her eyes to see Matt holding her with tears in his eyes. "You we're dead Amelia we buried you a week ago, how are you alive ?" He questions her but she is confused herself on why that's possible.

Smelling her family she closes her eyes again from the bright light of her house. "Teagan where's you're father ?" Matt questions while Teagan open and closes his mouth. "Is...is....that Amelia ?!" He stutters out before screaming for his dad. His dad hurried into the room before dropping his beer in his hand. It shatters on the floor before he steps over it with anger in his eyes. "Why is my dead daughter in your arms ?" He questions Matt before my eyes open. "Daddy." I whisper out before my dad covers his mouth. "Holy shit." Teagan says before my other brother comes into view. "Get her inside so she can get cleaned up." Her dad says while Matt brings her inside. "Take her into the guest bathroom there's a single shower in there."  Teagan says while Amelia stumbles to stay up right. "Call Lily have her come over to help." Her dad says while Teagan calls Lily telling her to come over.

"This better be good to wake me up from my.....sleep." Covering her mouth she sees her best friend being held by her father. "Please help her get cleaned up, we have her clean clothes on the sink." Lily nods running the shower with warm water. Closing the door behind her she undressed Amelia with tentative fingers. Unbuttoning her dress letting it slip down her body. "Okay Amelia step into the shower." Amelia does that while Lily helps her wash all the mud off her with a rag. Lily puts shampoo in her hair lathering it up before washing it out. The water runs brown, while Amelia scrubs her body from the dirt. Grabbing body wash she cleans herself again until her skin is pink. Until her hair is completely clean. Stepping out Lily wraps a towel around her drying her body off, before towel drying her hair. Amelia gets dressed in underwear, sweatpants, and an oversized shirt that belongs to her brother Nathan. Amelia brushes her teeth before feeling her body wanting to shut down again. "Lily, I don't feel so good." She says before she begins to fall to the ground before Lily screams catching her. Nathan, Teagan, there dad, and Matt run down the hall to the bathroom before opening the door. "It's okay, it's okay, she's just exhausted, she's running a fever too." Lily says before she stops looking up to them. "Her birthday was yesterday right ?" She questions while her family nods. "Shit, she's beginning to shift into her wolf." Lily screams before she begins to feel Amelia's bones and muscles shifting under her skin. "Get her outside now !" Her father screams while Nathan picks her up running for the backyard.