9. Sunny with a chance of disaster

Amelia and Lily keep to themselves about the picture. Sitting down for dinner the room is silent, only breaths can be heard and the scraping of metal against plates. "So you're birthday party is back on, are you excited?" My dad asks me breaking the silence finally.

"Excited to be the talk of the town ?" "No I'm not excited I'll be the zoo animal behind the cage while the pack members watch on in amazement and fear of what I could possibly do." "I came back from the dead dad, no one will come to my birthday."

Two days later~

"What the hell ?" I question seeing people walking down the street with gifts to my birthday party I thought I cancelled. Hearing my door open Lily runs in with bags and I dress in her arms. "Get dressed your birthday party is on." She says while I look from her to the people outside. "What are they on crack ?"

An hour later I'm sitting down dressed while Lily curls my hair while I finish up my makeup. "So I'm going to go downstairs visit, cut the cake, open the gifts then it's time for everyone to leave." I say slipping into my heels.

"No what you're not going to do is that, be happy get excited it's your birthday." Lily tells me while I just roll my eyes and open my bedroom door.

Music is playing loudly over our speakers throughout the house. Descending down the stairs people look at me while I just ignore their eyes and head for my backyard. People from the pack mingle and drink laughing and dancing. Little kids run around chasing each other and I still feel out of place. Finding my dad I walk over to him and stand by his side. "Dad I thought I told you I wasn't having a party ?" I say looking around at the people I hardly recognized. "Who are all of these people ?" I question looking up to him. "One all because you came back from the dead doesn't mean you put your new life on hold." "And two their pack mates from all over the state of Wyoming, here to see the blessing that is the she wolf before them." My dad says while I cross my arms. "More like a curse I'm going to get a drink okay ?" I say before I walk off to my brothers with their friends at the drink table. "Can you break my leg so I can have a valid excuse for people to leave." I say to Teagan while he looks over to me. "You do realize you'll heal within an hour right ?" He says while he hands me a drink. "Just lighten up a bit sis enjoy your party." He says while I feel a headache. Grabbing at my head the cup slips from my hand crashing to the concrete. The sound has people looking over in shock while I sink to the floor holding my head harder. The ringing intensifies before I let out a scream. I cry out in pain falling over while I pull my legs closer into themselves. "Amelia ! Amelia sweetheart what's wrong !!" I hear people scream at me but I gasp in pain when I feel my bones begin to break. "Ahhhh !" I scream in pain opening my eyes my brothers fall back. "She's shifting ! "Why ?" Nathan shouts while I close my eyes again before the pain stops all together. The ringing stops my eyes open and I see people surrounding me. "Is she okay ?" One girl asks while I sit up with pain rushing all over my body. "Help me up." I whisper to Nathan while he does so. "I'm fine I promise." I say while I look to the people around me. "I'm okay get back to what you all were doing." I tell them before the music gets turned back up and I'm walking to the end of my backyard to sit down. With a huff I look up to the night sky watching the stars. Closing my eyes I let my body relax. Growing sleepy I dose off before a scent enters my nose causing my eyes to open. Looking around I follow the scent before I see the alphas son shaking hands with my brothers pulling them into a hug before my wolf awakens in my head. "Mate."

Oh hell no ! Kicking off my heels I turn for the trees running in stripping my dress I throw it away from me. Then my underwear and bra is next running I let my body shift holding in my scream while my bones shift into my wolf. Before long I'm running on all fours faster into the dark of the trees. Feeling my wolf wanting to pull back to run to our mate I ignore it and push her to the back of my mind. "Not yet, I'm not ready to face him yet."

Teagan~

"Teagan grab your sister so we can cut the cake." My dad says while I nod looking back to where she walked off to only to not see her. Jogging over I see her heels by the chair and her clothes sprawled around the tree line. "Shit." I say before running back to my dad. "She's gone, she's shifted and she's in the woods." I say to my dad while he looks from me to the woods. "Get your brother and find her I'll let the other know she's left and Teagan, bring her home safe." "She's left for a reason."

"When we get her we will find out that reason." Dad says while I nod. "What's going on ?" Looking over to my friend Jackson I sigh. "My sister is missing, she's in the woods somewhere and we have to bring her back." I say while he nods before taking off his shirt. "Well let's go." He says before he takes off his shoes. "Okay." I say while we head for the woods along with Nathan beside us. "Amelia couldn't have gotten too far." I say while Nathan nods. "We also don't know her state of mind so be cautious." Nathan says while we finish stripping our clothes off before we shift.