18. Everlasting pain pt 2

Bones shifting under my skin has my teeth clenching and my pulse racing. I grab at the earth digging my clawed fingers in the depths of mud and rocks squeezing them with all my might before my back arches and cracks. Twisting over on all fours my back extends and I look up to the sky. Screaming I feel my wolfs howls echoing from the depths of my mind. She's just as scared as I am, why this keeps happening is unknown I can't control my shifts. But the underlying gut feeling has to do with the curse so it puts me at a danger with not only myself but my own kind. It's to risky to be out in the public with humans the fear of exposing everything keeps me in. Screams turn to howls and I stand up on all fours shaky and breathing heavily. Looking up to Jackson he stands there unable to help. "Why ?" He questions before he sits down next to me. Shaking my head I sit next to him while he pets my head. "We will figure it out okay." He says while I look over to him before he runs his hand down my spine causing my wolf to spin around my head in happiness.

"Don't get used to it." I tell her while she glares at me with her eyes before she jumps back into my subconscious.

"How long will you stay in wolf form ?" Jackson questions before my body burns and I'm changed back right before him. "Sometimes it's only a few minutes other times hours." I say wrapping my arms around my chest while I pull my knees close to my body.

"It's driving me crazy to have no control." I say while I stand not caring for my nudity before I walk back to my house. "I suggest you go home." I say looking back to him with a side eye before turning back entering my house with the slam of the door. Taking a deep breath I ignore the slight burning of my body from my heat wanting to resurface again. "This is annoying." I whisper to myself before I feel the gem around my neck. Grabbing my robe I wrap it around myself before touching the stone and saying Luca's name. With a flash of dazzling blues and gold Luca appears before me laying on my bed hands behind his head with a smile on his face. "It's about time little wolf I was beginning to think you've forgotten me." He says before sitting up seeing my solemn face. "What is it little wolf ?" Standing up he approached before smelling the air around me. "You've mated." He says letting me go and turning his back to me with a harsh no from his lips. "What's wrong with that ?" I question while he sighs heavily before turning back to me. "I know wolves have this heat but once rejected the heat shouldn't have been to the point you've mated so soon, who did you mate with ?" He asks me while I glance away. "My mate, mate." I say while his eyes widen.

"You've already fucked up little wolf." He says while I sit down on my bed. "My life is already fucked, how could I have possibly made it worse ?" I question with anger while he glares down at me. "That thing inside of you that's been dormant will slowly awaken." "Dying, being resurrected, being rejected, mating with your ex-mate, has slowly caused the beast to grow in power all it takes is one downfall to bring it to the surface to end not only you but everyone you hold dear." Luca says while I grow even more confused. With a roll of his eyes he looks back down to me. "Your pain gives it power Amelia your struggles makes it powerful." He says while I fall back on my bed. "I should've stayed dead." I say before closing my eyes in fear of what's to come.