1

"Amy, AMY!!" I was snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of my best friends voice screaming on my ear.

"What Laura?" I said as I sat up behind the bar.

"Girl you zoned out. What's the matter with you?" She grabbed a glass and fixed the next customers drink.

I let out a breath of frustration as I passed her a mixer. "Ryan broke up with me today. I mean it's not like I didn't see it coming, but what I didn't see coming is the reason why."

She turned and looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Why? He slept with your mom?" She burst out laughing when I choked on my spit.

"HELL NO!! He said that he was gay. And that..What would you like to drink sweety?" I started to fix the girls drink and felt Laura staring at me.

"And what!?! Don't leave me here with a cliffhanger." She said handing some half drunk guy a drink.

"He said he's gay and that he's just trying to find himself. Oh and his friend Toby? Their fucking."  I slammed the drink down on the counter then turned around.

Laura looked at me and said "Break?"

"Break." I grabbed my phone and put it in my back pocket as I went out back to take a quick break.

So many thoughts were roaming through my mind about the breakup. I mean how could he be gay? Like was he faking it all those time we had sex? He couldn't have, or maybe he was thinking about a guy the whole time. Maybe I turned him gay because I wouldn't let him fuck me in the ass.

I looked at my phone and my break was over so I went back inside.

"You clear your mind while you were out there?" Laura asked as she handing me a cup and nodded to a guy who was looking down at something.

"Yep I'm good. Okay so what will it be my guy?" I walked up to the guy and waited for him to answer.

"Ummmm hey dude what do you want to drink?" I tapped on the bar counter to get his attention and when he looked up, it felt like the wind got knocked out of me.

His eyes where a stormy blue, his hair was dark and slick back but there was still a piece that seemed to escape. His jawline was sharper than a knife. He had facial hair but not a lot. It was like a close shave. His lips looked kissable, very kissable.

He still didn't say anything maybe he's a mute. He was just staring at me with this expressionless look on his face.

"Bourbon?" He shook his head no. Okay then.

"Ummmm Rum? How about Rum?" He shook his head no again.

What the hell does this guy wants? OOO I KNOW!!

"Here drink this." I poured the liquor into the little glass and handed it to him with a smile.

I watched as he took a sip then moved the glass from his mouth.  "Brandy." That was all he said before putting the money on the bar top and walking into the crowd.

"He was cute, did you get a name?" Laura said while leaning against the bar. Thankfully he was my last customer for the night because I was actually tired.

"No I didn't, I actually thought he was a mute until he said the word Brandy." He seemed kinda mysterious but that's probably because he was quiet.

I counted the money that he left and it was wayyyy too much. "80 dollars!?!"  I put the right amount into the cash register and kept the rest.

I plan on giving this money to him as soon as I see him.

"Hey who ya looking for?" Laura walked up to me causing me to jump a little bit. "That guy from a second ago, he gave me too much money."

"I'll take it hell my bills need paying." I burst out laughing at her. "What I'm serious. Amy you know I could use the money."

I shook my head. "He gave me 80 dollars, THATS got to be a mistake so no I'm gonna give the money back."

I looked over and saw him walk out the back door and I started behind him. When I got outside I didn't see him. "Where the hell did he go that fast?"

I began walking down the back ally until I heard muffled screaming and came a to a stop.

I was frozen in my spot when my eyes landed on the scene before me. A mans body was on the ground with blood pouring out of him like a faucet that's over flowing. You could hear him begging his attacker to have mercy on him. The attacker grabbed him up and snapped his neck.

The sound was loud and piercing to my ears. His lifeless body dropped to the ground as the unidentified man stood over his body with blood dripping from his hands.

He looked up but didn't look my way so I took the opportunity to run for my fucking life. I didn't stop until I got home. I locked my doors and windows, I slid down to the floor and sat there out of breath.

The only thing you could hear was my labeled breathing. I was panicking.

The only thing I could think of is Did I just witness a murder!?

"Who was that guy, did he deserve to die?"

Nobody deserves to die like that. "Who was the guy who killed him? Why did he kill him?"

Leave it alone. He's a murder just sleep and pretend you didn't see shit.

I decided to listen to my conscious and sleep. I got up and grabbed a knife and took it to bed with me.

"There, I'll be protected if someone comes here and try to snap my neck like a Snapple."

I laid down and drifted off to sleep. An hour later I woke up from a bad dream. I kept picturing that guys neck snapping.

I sat up and rubbed my neck, just thinking about it hurts. Whoever that killer was owe's me a night of sleep.

"Guess I'll stay up then." I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a banana then sat on the sofa.

I turned on the Tv to see the news talking about a murder. I sat up when I realized they were talking about the murder I had just witnessed.

"Who's the murderer?" They said he was unidentified which means he's still out there.

Im sure they'll find him. Don't worry about it, he didn't see you.

"What if he did? UGHHHH" I got up and decided to take me a shower.

My body started to relax as the hot water touched my skin. I let my hair down, as it unraveled I felt the water on my scalp. After washing my hair and finishing my shower I got out and blow dried my hair.

I slipped on some jeans and mustard yellow pullover, I tied my curls in a messy bun and put a pair of trendy glasses on.

Before stepping out of the bathroom I took one last look in the mirror. "I look pretty good to have just seen someone get their neck snapped like a pencil."

When I went into my living room I noticed a little light coming through the window. It was becoming daylight out.

"I guess I'll just walk the streets of New York for a bit." I left the house and started to walk around the city.
•••••

{ what would you do if you witnessed a murder? }

Thanks for Reading.🙌🏽 Comment & Vote.