6

Amy

I awake to the sound of thunder rumbling through my apartment. As I lay there in a sleepy haze I couldn't help but wonder, why am I so attracted to this stranger.

Maybe it was his eyes. The way they lit up in the night sky, the storm that fills them when he's showing anger. Or maybe it's his height. Towering over me like a beast. It could be anything, but what exactly?

I rolled over and drifted off back to sleep. I woke up the next morning feeling drained and plain tired. I'm just glad that I don't have work until later tonight. I got up from my bed and went to the shower.

Turning on the steaming hot water as it touched my skin I closed my eyes. I was thinking about my dream last night. The dream felt so real that it was very hard for me to rest. Especially since when I did finally go back to sleep, I'd have the same exact dream.

I kept dreaming of this black wolf or maybe it was a dog....I don't know. But it had blue eyes just like Elijah's. The Wolf ( or dog ) would be running towards me in full speed while growling. But I'd just stand there, clearly afraid but it was as if I wanted to see what would happen. Then just when it got to me something pushes us apart and I'd wake up. Every time.

I turned the shower off and stepped out still wondering what could that dream possibly mean. Since today was a lazy day, I slipped on a a oversized t-shirt and some fishnet stockings. I put on a pair of black ankle boots and let my hair hang. It felt warm as I stepped outside letting the air hit my skin.

My arm was still bandaged up from him cutting me but it didn't hurt much. I should really invest in me a car because walking isn't gonna cut it. I was walking and stepped on something. When I looked down It was a ring.

I picked it up and looked at it. It was silver with this black stone, and vintage engravings going around the stone and outside of the ring. I put it on my finger and it was too big, way too big. "I'm guessing this is a males ring then, I'm keeping it because it's unique." I took off my necklace and put the ring on it then put it back around my neck. "There we go."

Nothing else really happened during the day and it was time for me to clock into work. "I'M HERE I'M HERE WHEW What will it be sweetie?" I said rushing behind the bar before I lose my job.  "I'll take a Martini with two olives." I fixed the girls drink and turned around to Laura.

"Oooo what's that shiny thing around your neck?" She grabbed the ring and put it around her finger. It didn't fit her hand either. "It's a ring I found either, it's beautiful right?" I said as I leaned down to get some more glasses. When I got back up I couldn't believe what, well who I saw. "Elijah!!"

"That's his name ? Whew sure fits him." Laura said leaning into my ear for only me to hear. I noticed he kept looking at my breast which made me feel uneasy. "Come around." He spoke causing my body to react in a wild way. I got good bumps all over just from those two words alone.

I obeyed his command like a little dog and came around the bar. I didn't get too close to him because for one I am scared of what he may or may not do. He got up and to my surprise we were literally face to face. Maybe it was because of how tall he was that we were this close. Again he was looking at my breast and this time I was going to say something.

"HEY!! Stop looking at my tits you creep!!" I may have sounded confident and strong but I was still scared. He didn't say a word instead he snatched my necklace from my neck. "GIVE THAT BACK ITS MINE!!" I tried to grab it back but he snatched his hand away. "THIS RING IS MINE!!" He took the ring off the chain and put it on his middle finger.

It fit like a glove, no it fit like it belonged there. Like it was made just for him. It was definitely his ring. "Outside." Was he talking to me or...I looked around but nobody was beside or behind me. Yup me. "Outside where? What do we need to go outside for? It's no witnesses outside."  I said scrambling over my words. He didn't answer he just walked away, I'm guessing he was going outside.

I followed behind him until we reached.."Hey this is where I was at when I found the ring." I hadn't even noticed we were walking that long or even far. "You found it here? " His accent was of one I've never heard before. Italian? No that's not it I've heard that one. "Ye-Yea I found it while walking, is that all that you want from me ?" I was trying to sound like I didn't want to be here with him. But I really did and I wanted to know more about him.

"That's all you found corre-" his sentence was cut by what, I don't know. But whatever it was ,was behind me. "Emanuel what do you want? I'm not even doing anything." I turned around and saw a tall guy with curly hair and a beard just like Elijah's. His eyes were blue like his too. Did Elijah just speak a whole sentence? He did!!

"Who is she Elijah?" His accent was the same as Elijah's except a little bit thicker. "Hi I'm uh Amy. My full na- nevermind." Why would he care to know my full name anyways? "Emanuel I don't know this girl but she had my ring." They both glared at me as if I had stolen something very special. Emanuel started to fix his sleeve on his jacket and I noticed a ring similar to Elijah's.

It was a little bit smaller and the detailing was different as well. That stone, that stone was the same. It was equally beautiful as Elijah's. "Brother this is the girl who saw me murder at least two people." BROTHER!?! THEY ARE BROTHERS!?!

"Elijah let's go we have things to do, people to haunt, flesh to eat." His eye flashes a brighter blue. I think it was the moonlight, wish my eyes were blue but their just hazel. They both left as I stood there in the night looking very stupid.  Did he just say flesh to eat and people to haunt?

You could follow them and see exactly what he means. Don't do that I was just joking.

"I'm gonna follow them."

{ Some things you can't run from. Maybe he's one of em. Or maybe she's just a crazy ass bitch. Who knows. }

( Thanks For Reading. Comment & Vote 🗳 )