13

Amy

After taking a shower and putting on a outfit that I'm guessing Elijah had picked out, we were on our way to his parents home.

"Sooo how does this bond thing work? Can you feel this?" I pinched myself on the arm waiting for an reaction from him. He didn't say anything, didn't even break his staring competition with the road. "Well I'm 23 yea-"

"I know how old you are, I know everything about you." He said, never taking his eyes off the road. "How do you know everything about me? I never told you anything." Nothing. He said nothing.

I addition to him ignoring my question I could sense that he was becoming annoyed. "I didn't think vampires could marry humans, actually I didn't think vampires were real."

"Werewolves, yes but vampires no." It's like talking to a wall when you're talking to him. "Why are you so closed off and cold?" He looked at me, which was his first time taking his eyes off the road. Suddenly the car stopped, we were outside of a huge mansion."What did you just say?" His eyes held me captive demanding an answer, while daring me to run.

"I- I didn't say anything." I finally forced out of my mouth. "That's what I thought, let's go." He got out of the car and didn't het my door for me. I got out and followed behind him. I now realize that some questions are better off left unasked. We walked inside and it was beautiful.

There was a chandelier hanging right in the middle of the walk way, which was so elegant. Wait till I show Laura. "This way, my mother would like to see us both." I looked at Elijah who was already walking down the hallway. Following him I noticed the pictures on the wall were of him and his brothers, and sister as little kids.

They all looked happy but the further down the hall we got the more everyone's smile faded away. Mostly Elijah, unlike them he didn't have a hint of happiness in his eyes. Just darkness, cloudy dark blue raging storms that grew bigger and bigger the older he got. Then...

He turned around and looked at me for a second and there it was. That raging dark and cloudy storm. The same storm that squeezes the breath out of me until my head spins. The storm that dominates its way into getting what it wants. The storm that haunts me  like a ghost in the dead of night. The same storm that just may kill me.

I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I hadn't noticed he had walked into a room. I followed him and stopped in my tracks as I took in the scene. "You guys are here and on time, good well let's get started." Caroline said walking towards a table in which Elijah was standing in front of.

She held her hand out and in it was a red ring box. "Amadine Alore Bonnet I gift to you this ring to be wed, it's been in our family for over 100 years." Elijah took the ring and placed it on my finger. It was a emerald cut single diamond, blue Sapphire ring. Looking at the ring reminded me of Elijah's eyes in a way. "Elijah you may turn her now."

Wait what now!?

"TURN ME!?! TURN ME INTO WHAT!?!" They both looked at me as if I was dumb. "Elijah do it." With a swift movement Elijah had his hand wrapped around my neck tilting it to the side. He bit down and suddenly I felt pain and everything went black.

Elijah

"Is she dead, she's not breathing." I had laid Amadine on the table after biting her but she hasn't waken up. She's not supposed to be out this long, I didn't feed off of her I turned her. "Elijah her hearts still beating I can hear it, it's faint but it's there." I stopped listening to everything around me and focused only on her heartbeat.

Three hours had passed and it was night out. The moonlight was shining through the window onto her almost lifeless body. Her eyes suddenly flickered open but they didn't have a change of color. She sat up and tilted her head a little bit, exposing the now healing bit mark on her neck. "Did it work?" I asked while looking at her.

Caroline

"She's bonded to you that's for sure, but there something or someone that's keeping her from turning." Looking in my sons eyes I could tell he was feeling something. Confusion, from him and from her. They both were confused, by about different things.

I never thought Elijah would find a soulmate or even have one. Seeing him show this many emotions and feel so many things was new. His eyes still held so much pain, hurt and coldness even after all these years.

After seconds of them both feeding off of each others emotions Elijah finally turned his off. She didn't know that but she felt it. Her eyes held a sudden sadness in them. "I don't give a fuck what it is, it needs to let her turn." Elijah said before walking away angrily.

"You should give him some space and probably rest." I helped her off the table and walked her to Elijah's old room. An hour later She was asleep. As I couldn't help but think.

Amadine may not survive his havoc, no one can.

{ Look into my eyes, it's where my demons hide. }

Thanks For Reading. Comment & Vote 🗳