40

Elijah

We had made it back inside and Amadine still wasn't awake. Her heartbeat was slowing by the minute and it was getting harder to find a pulse. Alaríc was waiting outside of the room pacing the floor in worry. I tried giving her my blood but it wasn't working, nothing was working.

"Amadine please wake up..please. We need you, your family needs you. I need you." She laid still in bed her breathing shallow as her skin became pale. Alaríc walked in and sat down with her holding her left hand as I held her right.

Moments later Amadine took her last breath; the room fell completely silent as realization kicked in that she was gone. "She's...no she can't be." I said as Alaríc stormed out of the room. I followed behind him only for him to turn around and look at me with tears in his eyes. "Amadine is NOT gone she's not dead, this is all just some kind of sick dream we're gonna wake up and she's gonna be here!!"

 "Amadine is NOT gone she's not dead, this is all just some kind of sick dream we're gonna wake up and she's gonna be here!!"

I watched him being in his denial state and softly said "She's gone Ric." He only shook his head and said no as his tears finally fell from his eyes before walking off. My emotions had temporarily shut down and I couldn't feel anything. I didn't want to feel anything either, I couldn't stand the thought alone so her actually being gone..it's just no.

Stumble back against the wall; I slid down it pulling my knees up to my chest while wrapping my arms around myself. Tears poured from my eyes as I sat there rocking back and forth against the wall. It had felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest yet again. Sabastian has taken everything from me from Katherine to Eli and now..now Amadine. They came in and took her body away to prepare her for her funeral as I just sat there rocking back and forth on the floor.

I couldn't move, I was paralyzed with hurt and pain. The hours went by and I stayed in the same spot for the rest of the night.

Alaríc

Walking inside my house and to my bar I fixed myself a glass of whiskey and drank it. Pouring another glass I drank it as well as the thought of Amadine never coming back filled my head. I hadn't realized that my hand was tightening around the glass until it broke. Anger took over me and I threw the bottle of whiskey at the wall across me.

I couldn't stop myself as I continued to destroy my entire living room area all while crying. I looked up at the ceiling and asked God why, why would couldn't to be the one to die instead?

After two hours of me destroying my home I went to bed and laid there staring at the ceiling all night.
————

They held a small funeral for Amadine and laid her to rest right beside Elijah's son and his mom. The days went by and for Alaríc it felt like the walls were closing in on him and he couldn't fathom to live without her. For Elijah it had felt as though life didn't like him one bit, he felt like he couldn't breathe without her. Amadine's death impacted everyone who were close to her.

Drew quit working for Elijah and his family after Amy's death and ventured off on her own. Laura she suffered severe anxiety and depression the first few weeks which resulted in her getting help and counseling. Amy's parents her death brought them closer in their time of need. Liam became very closed off and cold after everything that had happened.

As for Alaríc and Elijah; Alaríc left town due to so many reminders of Amy and nobody heard or heard from him. Elijah spends his time drinking and hurting innocent people, after the funeral he turned his emotions completely off so he couldn't feel the pain.

Sometime there isn't a happy ending to every story...not everyone lives and not everyone dies.

( This is the last and final chapter of this story. I'd like to thank you all for reading this book. 🤗)