28

Amadine

I woke up from my nap feeling better than I did before hand. Looking out the window I noticed it was dark out. I must've been sleep for hours. "Finally you're awake, I almost thought you were dead." Elijah said as he walked in the room.

"Why didn't you wake me up before it got dark, I practically slept the whole day away." I wanted to sleep but not this long. "You didn't ask me to, freshen up and meet me downstairs for dinner." He walked away and the smell of food hit my nose. After freshening up I went downstairs.

"The food smells ama- RYAN!!" My heart dropped into the pit of my stomach when I spotted him. "Oh hey Amy I haven't seen you since earlier today." Why was he here? "You was at Ryan's house earlier today, what'd you guys do?"

I looked at Elijah who had asked the question, not knowing exactly how to answer it.

"Who was at Ryan's house?"  Said a voice with a very foreign accent. It was Alaríc, he was standing in the doorway of the kitchen with a spoon in his hand. "Amy was she came to hang out with little ole me, it almost felt like old times." He put his arm around me am pulled me into a side hug.

The strong smell of his cologne hit my nose. Is that new? My eyes met Elijah's and I quickly pushed Ryan away. "Uh I think dinner is ready let's eat." We all exchanged awkward looks before sitting down.

I was really sitting at the dinner table with my two soulmates and my ex boyfriend. The worst part about it is I'm highly sexually attracted to them all. God could this night get any more awkward?

I felt a hand touch my thigh and when I looked down it was Elijah's. "What are you doing?" He tugged at my dress as he was trying to pull it down. "The dress is too short and it's very slutty." Is he stupid, the dress isn't even that short.

"It's just a dress Eli and nobody can see it anyways." He shot me a glare that would have killed me if it could. "DONT call me that it's Elijah to you, I said what I said about the dress it's too short." Before I could protest even further, he got up from the dinner table and walked into the kitchen. "What the hell is so wrong with my dress?"

"I'll let you in on a little secret, I personally think the dress looks ravishing on you." Alaríc said as he put his finger to his lips in a 'Shh don't tell' manner. "Thank you, You really didn't have to say that." It quickly got awkward for me as the room grew quite. "I think I did have to say that, you're a beautiful girl Amadine don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

I didn't know what to say so instead I awkwardly smiled and looked down

Just like before the room grew silent

Just like before the room grew silent. Thankfully Elijah rejoined us, he smelled of whiskey and cologne when he sat down.  "Amy I'm sorry for calling your dress slutty, it's not." Before I could even process and reply to what he said he kissed me. He was trailing his hand up my dress until I grabbed it.

"Stop kissing him"

I quickly pulled away when I heard Ryan's voice in my head. The look on his face when I looked at him seemed as if he knew I heard him. "Did you just sa-"

"I've tapped into your mind Amadine, nobody can hear me but you."

He was in my head but how? I didn't think vampires could get in your head. My stomach was in knots as anxiety was creeping up on me. Elijah and Alaríc both looked at me confused. "Amy you look sick are you okay?"

I wanted to tell them Ryan was in my head but I couldn't. Elijah's eyes darted from me to Ryan then to Alaríc. Suddenly Alaríc stabbed Ryan in the leg with a fork. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" I wasn't understanding anything that was going on.

Not only did Alaríc stab him but Elijah threw a knife right into his chest. "Get of her head now before I kill you." Elijah said as he was still calmly sitting at the table eating his food. Ryan laughed at his attempt to get him out of my head. Instead of doing as he asked he pulled the knife out of his chest and healed himself.

"I could get out of her head but then the dinner wouldn't be fun anymore, now would it?" He was doing this for entertainment. "GET OUT OF HER HEAD BEFORE SPLIT YOUR FAVE OPEN WITH MY HANDS!!" This was the first time I've ever heard Alaríc talk like that. He sounded like Elijah, crazy and insane.

Suddenly I caught a bad headache, as soon as I grabbed my head it stopped. "Okay I'm out of her now, but we all know you two can't kill me even if you tried." He got up and left. I hated how this dinner went, their family they shouldn't be fighting. "How was he able to get inside of my head?"

Instead of answering the question Elijah got up and walked upstairs. "He's not just a vampire he's a siphoner witch, he can absorb magic from others with magic and use it for himself." Great he's a Hybrid, I should've known. "Don't worry he only uses his magic to protect, to over power his enemies and well when he's bored."

Everyone around was some kind of supernatural being, including myself. The only person who was human was Laura, and we haven't talked in weeks. "Thank you for informing me but I think I'm gonna just go to bed now, I'm actually really tired." I was about to walk away but Alaríc was right in front of me. "Could you please move so I can go to bed?"

He came closer but I didn't move, I wasn't afraid of him like I was Elijah. He gently placed him lips onto mine and kissed me. My body reacted and I closed my eyes and kissed him back, it felt genuine. "Have a good night Amadine, you'll be alright as long as you keep fighting." Was all I heard, when I opened my eyes he was gone. 

I looked around for a second before going upstairs to a drunk Elijah. He was hanging halfway off the bed with a half empty liquor bottle in his hand. I ignored him calling my name and got in bed. He eventually stopped calling my name and fell asleep.

I should get him to stop drinking.

I thought to myself as I dozed off.

Thanks for Reading. Comment & Vote 🥰