38

Play song while reading.

Alaric

Alaric

"Amy listen I know that you're married and to my brother but..I'm in love with you. And I know that you feel something for me too. Tell me that you do, tell me.." I was risking everything that I ever stood for, everything that I had just to be with her. All I needed was just a small piece of hope to tell me this wasn't a mistake.

"Alaric I do feel something for you but I love him..I can't just leave." She said as tears filled her eyes while looking at me. "He hurts you, Beats you, manipulates you and he uses you. How can you love someone who treats you like that?" It felt as though my heart was breaking and I tried with everything inside of me not to cry.

I'll never understand why she stays with him, he only loves her because of the bond. "He loves me and he'll figure it out one day; he'll get better I know it." Her tears finally fell as she stood there telling me he'd get better. "That's not love Amadine, You don't hurt the person you love!! I'd never do to you what he's done."

Why isn't she understanding?!

"I- I have to go.." Amadine grabbed her keys and quickly left leaving me standing there. Standing there in a pool of regret and tears. My heart broke into thousand of pieces realizing I'll never be the one that she wants. I grabbed a glass and filled it with whiskey drinking it all.

All I wanted was her touch, her love, everything that came with her. Instead she rather give it to someone who abuses and uses her. Being with her made me feel high and not just any high, a good high. The kind of high that you never want to end. The kind that made you feel as though you were walking on clouds.

"I'll never be the one." I grabbed the whiskey bottle and drank from it as I looked at picture of me and her.

Amy

I knew what Ric was saying was true and maybe he would love me better. I just couldn't handle that right now, I love Elijah. He loves me too it's just..he's been through so much. Being with Ric made me feel like I was dancing on the moon. Like nothing in this world could harm me if he's by my side.

But being with Elijah..it's like my every nerve was on fire. Like I was on the edge of cliff and he was the one who put me there. Yet I still feel safe, like he wouldn't let me get hurt.

Looking down at my feet something in me told me to go back..so I did. I turned around and went back to Alaric. Knocking on the door I stood there waiting for him to answer. Once he opened the door it was like all of my senses had left. "You came back to hurt me again, because if so you can leav-"

I pulled him to me and kissed him before he could finish his sentence.  I still didn't know exactly what or who I wanted to be with forever. But he was who I wanted in that moment.

Maybe this is where I'm supposed to be.

{ It's been a while since I've updated this story. But that's because I was having madddd writers block. My bad though. 💀 }