12

Meet Ryan Gillet, Amadine's ex.

"RYAN?!? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE??" I jumped up from my seat forgetting that this was a royal dinner. "Amy?! Why are you her- YOU'RE THE HUMAN THAT ELIJAH'S GOING TO MARRY!??" He said pointing his finger between me and Elijah who was standing by the door. How the hell does he know Elijah!?

Elijah came from in the doorway looking at us both confused. "How do you two know eachother?" He asked. "Well he's my e-" My sentence was cut short by Elijah. "I didn't ask you to speak Amadine, I was talking to Ryan." I was surprised by his sudden dominance but I didn't question it. "Well Elijah like she was saying I'm her ex."

"My ex who broke up with me to be with another guy." Everyone looked at me like I was stupid, everyone except Ryan who looked like he was caught in a lie. "HE TOLD YOU THAT!?" Emery asked while laughing. "Ye- yes he did, what's so funny about that?"

"Amy he's not fucking gay, obviously he told you that so you'd be mad at him when you broke up." Elijah explained. "YOU LIED TO ME!?!" I walked right up to Ryan's face and looked him dead in the eyes. "WHY WOULD YOU LIE TO ME!?!"

"I HAD TO!! IM A VAMPIRE AND YOU ARE A HUMAN!! IT WAS TIME FOR ME TO GO BACK HOME TO MY WORLD, AND I DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE YOU WITH A BROKEN HEART!!" He yelled while making hand movements. We stared at each other in silence for all of 30 minutes. I hadn't noticed when I first looked at him how pale he had become. His hair was white also, it fit him very good.

"So you decided to lie to me and tell me you were gay?" I said finally breaking the silence between us. I could feel Elijah's eyes burning a hole into the side of my face. That's how hard he was watching me. "If you think me telling you that I'm a vampire would have been better then you're stupid." I guess I'm stupid then. He walked around me and took a seat at the table.

Everyone was basically watching us as if they were watching a movie. "Elijah you're my cousin and everything, but I don't like the fact that my ex is your soulmate." Ryan took a sip of wine and gave Elijah a weird look. "I don't like it either but here we are." Elijah finally said sounding a tad bit annoyed.

"That's enough all three of you, It's getting late so we must be heading home." Caroline announced as she stood up from her chair very gracefully. "Yeah Elijah same, I have training in the morning." Edan said as he also stood up. Everyone was leaving, the only people who were still in the House was me, Elijah and his parents. "Bring her over tomorrow to get her ring." Caroline said to Elijah as he walked her and Enzo out the door.

I was still in the dinning room standing there like a lost puppy. "Come upstairs, let's talk." Elijah said as he walked past me up the steps. I hesitated for a second but quickly followed him. "This is my actual house, so here are my actual rules." He said as he opened a door to a room. "Go inside." He motioned for me to walk in the room and so I did. "It's dark in here." I said trying to focus my eyes so that I could see in the dark.

"Rule number one, if I tell you to do something do it." I couldn't tell if he was behind me or what but he was there. I shook my head yes hoping he could see me and I'm guessing he could, "Rule number two, I will not tolerate any disrespect." I felt his jacket brush against my arm which means he was beside me. Why? "Rule number three, no back talk." He was now right in front of me, I could tell due to how close he was.  "Rule number four, don't betray me at all remember that rule the most." He said. "Rule number five you don't eat dinner or breakfast without me, if I'm gone you wait up." He reaches behind me and the lights came on.

My eyes grew big once I looked around the room. "Is this where you kill people!?!" I asked while backing away from him. "No this is our room, well our sex room. What, you don't like it?" He said as a smile grew on his face. I was at a lost for words. The room had chains, whips, cuffs you name it, it was in here. "Oh come on don't be scared, we won't even use these things unless you break the rules." He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly as he picked up one of the whips.

"You're fucking sick." The words slipped from my tongue before I could even stop them. "That's enough of this room, let's go." He put the whip back down and walked out of the room with me behind him. "You are not torturing me!!" I said causing him to turn around. "It's not torture it's Bdsm. Now go to bed." It's not torture to you, but to me it is.

I went into the room I was in earlier and my clothing wasn't there. "Elijah where are my clo-"

"We are about to be married in a week, your bed is in my room and as for you clothing, trash." He said as he walked past the door going into what I'm assuming is his room. I walked in the room and it was very.....dark. Dark but beautiful, it reminded me of Elijah who was a dark man himself with those beautiful eyes. After about 5 minutes of me trying to work the shower in his room I finally was able to get in.

I had my eyes closed washing my hair when I turned around and "GET OUT!!" Elijah was right there in the shower with me. "Dramatic much." Was all he said. "Why the hell are you in here!?!"

"To shower duh, now turn around you don't need to see my dick." Is he serious right now? "No I'm getting out, you can have it." I grabbed my towel and stepped out of the shower. Grabbing my clothing I quickly ran into his room and changed. Almost 15 minutes later he came into the room as well.

He had on a pair of gray sweatpants with no shirt and his hair was wet. This man is literally sex in human, no scratch that immoral form. "Stop staring at me it's weird and stalkerish, both things you're familiar with." I was snapped out of my thoughts by his rude remark. "Sorry I was just thinking, and I'm not a stalker."

He didn't say anything or even look towards me, instead he just flipped the light off and got in bed. I was still sitting up feeling very awkward at this point. "Lay down." He said with his back turned towards me. I laid down on the other side of the bed but didn't fall asleep. Actually I wasn't even sleepy.

"Amy go to sleep." I tried to listen to him and fall asleep but I simply couldn't. This wasn't my home. Elijah rolled over and I quickly closed my eyes so he would think I was asleep. "You're not sleep, you forgot we're bonded I can feel your emotions." Stupid bond, it would have worked if it wasn't for that.

Elijah

She wasn't going to sleep and she wasn't even tired. She couldn't sleep because this wasn't her home. Which is understandable but she seriously needs to go to sleep so I can go to sleep. With her awake her emotions are going crazy which is waking me up.

"Ugh come here." I grabbed her and placed her head on my chest. "Focus on my heart beat, listen to it." I told her and seconds later she was fast asleep. "Finally" I whispered to myself. I should probably lay her on her pillow now. I was about to move her but she made a whining noise indicating that she didn't want to move. "Guess not then." Her emotions where telling me that she liked the rhythm of my heartbeat.

I didn't know how to feel about that to be honest. This bond and soulmate thing is changing me. I drifted off to sleep after a few seconds of watching her sleep. I hadn't really noticed how beautiful she was until now. It's probably just the bond.

{ Anything to feel your heart beating. }

Thanks For Reading.💃🏽 Comment And Vote.