Chapter 3

(Reader's POV)

      I motioned Ben to sit down and he did. I set the tray on the coffee table and lit up the fireplace. I then sat next to Ben on the couch. "I wonder how he knows my name" I thought. 

     "So who's gravestones were you visiting earlier?" Ben asked. 

      "My family and friends" I replied.

       "Do you miss them?" he asked. 

       "Of course I do" I said with a confused tone. It was silent for a few minutes. Then Ben grabbed a sandwich from the plate and started eating. 

       "Something on your mind?"he asked. "Should I tell him?" I thought.

       "Well... it's about them" I said as I looked at Ben. "They abused me, tutored me,  hated me, bullied me, and sometimes would attempt to kill me" I explained. Ben looked at me with a sad expression. 

       "Do you forgive them?" he asked without looking at me. 

      I stood silent for a minute and said "With them I became more stronger and braver and yes I do forgive them, and I mean it". Tears started to form in the corners of my eyes. Then I felt someone hug me. I looked down and saw that Ben was hugging me. I smiled and hugged him back. I almost forgot how it felt like to be hugged. 

      (Ben's POV)

       I felt (Name)'s arms around me. I somehow started to wish that I haven't asked her about her family and friends. Her story almost made me cry. Then I got up and looked at the time. It was 9 PM. Shit. It was really dark. 

      "I should really head home now (Name)" I said as I slowly got up. 

      "You can stay in the guest room if you want" she said. "It's really dark and you might encounter something ". I smiled How can I turn down that offer. 

      "Sure"I said as I sat back down. For the rest of the night we talked and laughed. Then (Name) showed me the guest room and gave me extra clothes. 

                                                         -Time skip-

      In the morning, I woke up and changed back into my normal clothes. "Should I take her to Slender?" I thought. "Would he be able to sense her powers?", "Would he be mad or proud of me?". These thoughts rushed through my mind. A few minutes later, I made up my mind and decided to take her with me. That's when I heard my name. When I got to the kitchen, I saw two plates at the table. "I couldn't let you leave without breakfast" she said smiling. So then I told her if she wanted to go with me and she agreed. I thought that there would be more convincing involved, but I was wrong. "I'm lucky that I found this girl" I thought.