Pains

As I stood before him, I could feel cold eyes looking through me.
"Are you not saying any thing?" He asked.

"I'm very sorry, sir for what happened, I promise never to do it again." I said apologetically.

"What makes you think I will forgive you? hmmm, do you think the office belongs to your father or mother?" He shouted at me.

I knew I deserved every bit of it, so I quietly took all in.

"And why did you let that man flirt with you that day?" he questioned angrily.

I was so short of words, how can he bring that up, is it even appropriate?.

"Am I not speaking to you, Miss Rosalind or you've lost your tongue?"

"I'm sorry sir for disobeying you." I apologized, half jerking from my phone call.

"Will you pick that or are you to continue staring at me." He asked.

I took up the phone and saw my sister's number. So I quickly answered the call to speak to her, but it was my uncle that spoke.

"Rosa we need you in the hospital, right now!!!" He said coldly.
I overheard sobs and wails in the background.

"Why uncle,and why is Julianna sobbing?"
"Just come here now! Your Mom is d..."
Then I got it.

Nooo... this can't be true, it can never be true all my life just flushed out before me.
I felt like crying, my whole body went numb. This can't be happening.
I needed assurance that moment.
My head seems to feel heavy and my world was whirling and crushing down one after the other right before my eyes.
"Are you okay?" I heard a voice ask and all went blur and darkness took over.
"Help!"

Alfred's POV
I was so angry with her for not receiving the important points I asked her to note down during the meeting.
I always knew she was up to no good yet, my uncle won't stop pestering me to go with her.
Now its over a week now and I'm yet to set my eyes on her.
Just when I walked into the office I saw her .
All my anger built up and I nearly exploded.
I quickly called for her to follow me into the office.
After telling her my piece of mind, I noticed she was shaking, due to something I didn't know about.
Just when I was to hand her the resignation letter for her to sign, her phone rang. 

Damn that phone, couldn't it wait?

She just stood there staring at me till I shouted at her to answer the phone call.
I heard her talk but didn't pay attention to her until I saw her face go pale and frightened at the same time.
She then start falling and oh God if I had not caught her in time,
She would have gotten hurt badly.

...

Now carrying her to the company's clinic, I heard her murmur something like Mom...
Getting into the clinic all the nurses upon seeing me rushed forward and prepared a bed for her .
After gently putting her on the bed, I saw a tear drop from one of her eye and knew she was in pain.
For the first time, I noticed how beautiful she was.
Her face was perfectly formed and you would be right if you called her one Angel of God.
Why did I only notice this today.
I guess I was too busy hating her poverty stricken appearance that I didn't notice her beauty.
No wonder Desmond was so into her.
I know I dislike seeing her with him as much as I dislike her.
And why the f!ck is this phone ringing so much.
I angrily pressed the answer button.

"Rosa where the hell are you,we've been waiting for you for about ages now!!! Is your Job better than your dead mother?"the voice said in an angry tone.

"This is not Rosa, I am her boss and as we are speaking she is unconscious."I said.
"By the way," I added "who announces death on the phone "
Then the call went off.
Why is this man such a jerk?
The door opened and in came the doctor.
After checking her, her face became serious and she said
"This girl is in a lot of stress and if care is not, taken she can get depression but for now she is okay."

"When will she wake up and what can I do to help her?" I asked

"She will be up soon,a ll she needs is rest right now so let her rest. See me in my office."
"Okay", I replied getting up to follow her.

What do you think of this chapter, drop your comments and votes.