Strange help.

It took me eternity to process the figure that laid in front of me. That person can not be the energetic boy I know.
His face was pale and hands were very cold. Tubes were connected all over him.

"Ethan,"I called out his name sobbing."Ethan it's me Rosa." He didn't even flick his hand,there was no sign of life in him,only the beeping of the machine that assured me he was alive.
The door opened to reveal the doctor.

"Hi,you are Ethan's sister right." The doctor said."please follow me to my office."
On entering the office, he signalled me to sit down. I did.

"Please Doc what's wrong with my brother?"

"Well, he was rushed here by your uncle,they said he had lost consciousness while in school. We have been running some tests on him but we see nothing wrong with him I think we have to run more tests on him."

"Doc,will my brother be alright, I need to know."

"To be honest with you, he is not responding to the treatment,but we are doing our best."

"So what can I do apart from waiting?"

"Miss Rosalind Carter, I think it is better you hold on and wait for the results."
"But have you seen my uncle?"
"Yes he came here,but left for business"

...

It has been two days since my talk with the doctor, there is nothing the can find in him,for the mean time.
My uncle only comes and goes. It has not been easy day in, day out as I watch my brother degrade in health.

Then this morning a miracle happened. A nurse came to tell me the doctor needed me in his office.

I noticed there was a man seating there with him in the office and from the look of things, I knew they were discussing an important matter.

"Hello,you called for me"

"Yes I did please meet this man here Chris, Chris meet Rosalind."

"Hi, I'm Chris, Chris Roland and it is a pleasure meeting you."

"Oh,the pleasure is mine"I responded taking his hand for a shake.

"Well, Miss Rosalind this man here have given an offer you should consider."

"Please, I will like to be enlightened on this offer."

"I am a surgeon in the United State of America. Looking at your brother's plight,I think sending him over there for treatment will help his health a lot,"

"I agree to your proposal and it is very nice but I am just an average worker and can not fund the flight cost not to talk of the medical expenses there."

"Miss Rosalind, I have already sorted that out and all you need to do is endorse it. I will personally take care of the expenses."
"What? " I said in surprise, "but I have to approach my uncle and sisters for their opinions".

"Sorry if we have gone too far but we needs yours now,because they have all endorsed it" the doctor said.

"If you have had their endorsement,why ask me?"

"Well to make it official." He responded with a grin.

Now that is strange.