At loose.

It's been awhile now I've not spoken to my boss. When he walks into the office it's either he's making a call or not even noticing me.
I no he does it to everyone but I have this feeling that he is ignoring me.

Today, I had a call from Detective Henry,and he asked me to meet him for something important.
I'm seriously worried, what could it be that he's urgently looking for me.
I just hope all is well.
I snapped out of my thoughts hearing my name.
"Rosa,are you alright?",
It was Theresa's voice.

"Um, yes I am" regaining my posture, "Why are you here?" I asked her.

"These days you look completely out of earth,"she said in a concerned voice"well Mr Alfred asks to see you in his office now!".
She said turning to go back to her desk,without trying to hide the concern look on her face.

What? Why is he even looking for me, after all this silent treatment thing he has been giving me, over nothing I remember doing.

Getting to his office, I straightened my skirt,breathed in and out before knocking on the door.
On entering, I saw him busy working something on his desk.
He then looked up and asked me to sit.

I obligated.
He looked down again at his paperwork and continued what he was doing.
After 5 minutes of sitting here without him saying a thing,with tension and anticipation now building in me, I decided to clear the air.

"Sir,please I was told you asked to see me."I said

No answer.

"Sir is there any problem?"I asked

Again no answer.

"Please sir wh...",I didn't finish my question, when he picked up his phone and asked if his car was ready.
He suddenly stood up and walked to the door with my eyes still on him.

How can you call me to your office and then get up to leave. I thought angrily to myself.

"Are you following me or you're to sit there and just watch" he asked
I got up and followed him to his car parked outside.

We have been in the car for sometime now and all he does is talking through the phone,leaving me silent.
"How's Desmond?"he asked finally breaking the silence between us.
"He's fine" I answered nervously.
"Please sir,where are we going to?"I asked.
"We are going to meet up with Detective Henry,did he not call you."
"He did"I answered.

We got off in a place I don't even know. Mr Alfred then ushered me to an uncompleted story building.
On entering, I saw Detective Henry standing there.
He looked so worried but managed to smile seeing us.
"What was that urgent call for"Mr Alfred asked.
"There's a problem with the investigation".
"What do you mean" I asked confused.
"You know we were meant to track down the man after you"he said
"Yet there have been no action from him for these few months."
"Get to the point "Mr Alfred shouted impatiently.
"It means, is either he knows our plan and is planing something big or he has gotten what he wanted" he said in a serious tone.
I sighted in fear.
"If he knows our plan that means he is really planing something"Mr Alfred said.
"Also if he has gotten what he wanted it means, he is closer to us than we can imagine." Detective Henry added

This caused the fear I had before grow stronger.
Someone after my life is at loose and even close by.
"How he was able to shut down the investigation as a simple fire caused death,even though the stab on your mom was clear, means we are dealing with a very influential person. Rosa you need to be somewhere safe" he added.
"That remains me", my boss said, "where do you stay?"
I didn't expect that question from him.
What do I say,that I live in a burnt house.
"I stay at eeeh,my friend's place"I lied.
"Who is that friend, the last time I checked you had no friend."my boss said.
"Okay fine,I stay in my family house"I said
"WHAT?",my boss shouted in surprise
"Don't tell me you've been sleeping there all this while"
I didn't know how to answer.

Please drop your comments and votes