Leads.

"If inspector General Daniel is part of this, then I can not imagine who is behind all of this ",Detective Henry said.

"What do you mean?"

"He is one of the most powerful and respectable people in the office, it is not easy for him to get involved in this, unless there is  some great person behind it."

"So what do we do?"

"We need to find the reason he is helping the person out,we also need a lot of evidence to pin him down".

...

"Rosa, how was the search? Did you find any clue?" Mr Alfred asked.

"Good, yes and bad."

"Meaning?"

"The search was good, yes we had clues but no because they can do nothing to help nail the suspect."

"Mr. Alfred, we need you now, in terms of your influence." Detective Henry said.

"What do you mean."

"We have realized that the person involved is not just a regular person, but a high profiled person, looking at the people involved. First a hitman and now an Inspector. We need to think of a plan and act really fast on it. "

"Looking at it critically, the story revolves around you Rosa. Meaning it is you the person is targeting. Why did he not harm Desmond, but me?"
"This happened when I confessed my feelings to you."

"The question here is why did it not happen to Desmond?"

Just then, my phone rang and it was Desmond.
I tried picking the phone but Mr Alfred held it away.
"Give me the phone" I shouted,he practically said nothing, but still held the phone.

"Desmond is still my boyfriend, me being with you means I'm cheating on him, so please give me the phone and let me speak with him." I angrily said getting frustrated.

Silently,he handed the phone over to me. I saw a flick on his face and change in  his eyes that I could not   place my mine on.
After talking to him on the phone, I turned back for us to continue our conversation only to realise that Detective Henry was not there.

"Where is he?"

"I guess you were too engrossed in your call that you did not notice him leave."

I remained silent for some time. The ward was getting too small for the two of us as we sat there saying nothing to each other.

"So Desmond is your boyfriend, what does that make me?"

"I'm sorry,I did not mean it that way,but I think it is unfair that he does not know anything about our relationship, I in person feel guilty about it. I need to break up with him before I can feel free with myself."

"So what did he say when he called?"

"He said he wanted to meet me."

"How about you call him and break up with him?"

"I will do the calling but you speak" after saying that I took up my phone and dialed Desmond's number. When I heard his voice from the other side, I handed the phone over to Mr Alfred.

I later heard a beep and that was all.