The bet.

After the phone call,I felt like my world was ending. I couldn't even think clearly.

"Hello,please how may I help you"

"Please a man was brought in here some few minutes ago. It was due to an accident."

"Oh are you his family member or a girl friend?"
What do I say?

"His girlfriend, please where's he?"

"He's in the theater right now, you can sit there and wait for the doctor."

"Okay, thank you."

There were nurses going in and out of the room,without even noticing me.
I called out one to ask.
"Please how is he."

"I don't know,wait for the doctor."she said.

The times that passed by were really painful. My eyes were teary and swollen.
I didn't even realise that the were others present.

I felt a hand on my shoulder,then turned to see a stranger there.

"You must be Rosalind, Ethan's sister."

"Yes,but please who are you?"

"I'm Ethan but you can call me uncle Ethan, Alfred's uncle,I heard a lot about you from my niece. Don't worry he is very strong"

I could see he was just trying to make me happy because, his eyes held pain and fear. Just then the doctor walked out of the room.

"Doctor please how is my niece?"
"He's out of the critical part but is not awake. Can I see you in my office."

"Okay" now turning to me, "I told you so".

"Please doc,can I go see him?"

"He will be brought to his room soon,he needs rest"

"Okay."

Uncle Ethan walked away led by the doctor.

I need to see him. Why does he have to go through this.

After some time,uncle Ethan came back.
"Rosa,you need to sleep."

"I'm okay "

"How can you be okay, you've not slept for like 12hours,17minutes not even talking of eating and you think you are okay " he said almost in a shout,that remained me of my father.
How did he even know how long I've been here.

"Rosa,please go and sleep,I promise you when he wakes up,I will call for you."

Alfred's POV.
I heard a sound as I tried opening my eyes.
The beeping sounds was getting noisy and my eyes were very heavy.
As I tried to sit up,a hand held me back to the bed but I couldn't see clearly due to the light rays piercing my eyes.
It took me some time to realise that the hand belonged to my uncle.

"Lie down, you have not regained enough strength."

"Uncle,were I'm I and why are you here?"
"Just lie down and stop asking questions. Let me even call for the doctor."

Few minutes later.

"Wow,you are really strong. All signs of danger is out of you." The doctor exclaimed after examining me. "Where is your girlfriend, I must say you're very lucky to have had such a lady. No wonder her name was on your lips till you fell unconscious." He added and walked out.

"What does he mean by girlfriend, uncle is Calla here."

I was confused. I remember telling Calla never to appear before me again,after Rosa and Desmond left.
Then why will she visit me in the hospital.

"No my dear it is Rosalind,she has been here before I came. She refused to leave your side until I promised to inform her when you wakeup."

What?.

Why will Rosa do that.

"Yes,why will she unless she cares for you."
Did I say that out loud.
"Where is she?"
"Should I call her for you?"

"No I can't meet her now,beside she would not want to see me"

"What do you mean by that,she cares for you"

"Uncle you don't understand, she hates me."

"Okay,let's do something and if you lose me will owe me"

"I take the bet." I said.