00 || PART ONE 🌷

Harleen Merlyn is the youngest daughter of Malcolm Merlyn and grew up in Starling City her whole life

Harleen Merlyn is the youngest daughter of Malcolm Merlyn and grew up in Starling City her whole life. Despite being Tommy's younger sister she spent most of her days with the trio; Oliver, Tommy, and Laurel. Although, she was closer with the two boys than she was the Lance - she spent her nights getting into trouble with Oliver Queen and Tommy Merlyn only to turn around and get them right out of trouble.

Of course, what couldn't the Merlyn Princess get away with?

Everything changes after Oliver Queen was presumed dead only to mysteriously return to Starling City five years later with the story of spending five years ship wrecked on the island of Lian Yu. When he returns home, he is reunited with his mother, Moira Queen, his sister, Thea Queen, his best friend, Tommy Merlyn, and the girl he could never quite catch - Harleen Merlyn.

Harleen had spent the last five years cleaning up her act - she took up fencing lessons with her father as well as joining the SCPD as a Lieutenant. But, with Oliver coming home and a sudden mask vigilante running around the streets in a Green Hood her life is going to be far from normal. 

...

"I didn't know about the torture, or your scars," my voice was quiet as I slowly met his gaze, and I could see the battle in his eyes. "What happened to you on the island... no one should ever have to go through that. And I'm sorry that I pushed you into telling me all that, pushed you into reliving it. But, now that its... all out there. Can I- Can I see it?" I asked hesitantly, licking my suddenly dry lips.

"Are you sure?" Oliver asked quietly.

"Yes," I nodded. Slowly Oliver undid the buttons on his shirt revealing scars decorating his chest. There were more than I could count, big ones, small ones, the one on his left shoulder stood out the most. It was large and seemed to swirl inward and I gently reached up a hand to trace my fingers along the thick skin. "How did you survive this?"

"There were times when I wanted to die. In the end... There was something I wanted more." I looked up into his eyes and I frowned at that look I saw in his blue iris'. My eyebrows furrowed and I opened my mouth to ask him what he meant, but he cut me off before I could.

The press of his lips against mine was soft, undemanding, the slightest movement. His fingers ghosted over my arms, raising goosebumps on my skin causing a gasp to leave my lips. He took that as his invitation to trace the inside of her mouth.

I pulled away quickly my eyes wide and a hand covering my mouth. My eyes met his before they darted back to the ground. "What're you doing?"

"I was just-" He broke off, clearing his throat and I could see the instant regret in his eyes. "Harley, I'm-"

"It's fine," I cut him off quickly, my heart hammering in my chest and my eyes wide. Oliver just kissed me. My best friend just kissed me. "I should go." I turned quickly, and raced for the door, not looking back.

"No. Harley, you don't have to leave." He called after me, but I didn't look back. I had to go.

...

STARTED: JULY 27TH 2018

COMPLETED: