21 || Charles Baizen 💁🏻‍♂️

Russo's

Russo's.

That was the restaurant that Chuck decided to take me to - I'd been here a couple of times but it wasn't my go to. Mainly because I really only ever went out to dinner with Tommy, Laurel, and Oliver and they more often than not Preferred places like Torro's or Big Belly.

My eyes worked to take in Chuck as he told me about his travels. It had been a good three years since I've seen him. He had gone off to Europe after he got out of College and he looked good. He matured more, physically, and he was done in a clean suit and his hair slicked back.

"So, Harley, what have you been up to?" He asked after his long, extensive story about his time in Europe.

I looked up from where I had been pushing my food around on my plate with my fork. "Oh, not much. I got promoted to Lieutenant. I still live at my Dad's but he's always gone so it doesn't really seem like that..."

I trailed off as I saw the owner rush over to a couple that just came into the building and immediately escorted them to a seat. We had to wait at least a good 15 minutes for our table, even with reservations. When Russo finally moved away from the table, my eyebrows shot up to see it was Oliver and a girl I recognized to be Helena Bertinelli. I had come across her whole backround when researching Caponi earlier this afternoon.

"Yeah, I heard they found our long lost cast away," Chuck mumbled and my eyes darted back to him to see that he had noticed Helena and Oliver as well.

"Yeah, it's so amazing to have him back again," I mumbled - some nights I couldn't even believe it. Like I had to see him just to remind myself that he was really back.

"I bet," before I could question Chuck's tone, he was up from his seat. "Well, we wouldn't want to be rude. I'm gonna go say 'hey'."

"Chuck, stop it," I tried, but he ignored me and walked right up to their table like he owned the place. I mumbled a couple of curses, quickly hopping up out of my seat to follow after him.

"See, it's funny cause Harley and I were just exchanging our favorite Oliver Queen stories," Chuck was saying with a fake smile on his face and I could see the 'fuck you' in Oliver's eyes as he looked up at him. Helena shifted in her seat awkwardly. "There's so many of them we had to break them into categories. What were we up to, international affairs?"